AFR curve on 4.4.1

Guest |164|

Hi Ray,

can you please confirm the 0v to 5v curve for the Autronic wideband (NTK probe) to use in cal 4 table. When using 4.4.1 on a v88 its seems to be a whole AFR point off (richer)compared to my v44 on 4.3.4 using the same curve??

Also how do i stop the engine flaring up on start up. i am using E throttle set up, and it flairs to 3000rpm and then drops to 2000rpm and then to idle at 900 rpm with in 3 seconds???

If you require more info or the map, then please let me know.

regards

jim

Jim,

Update the ECU with 4.4.3. There are some minior fixes in 4.4.3

Setting for the Autronic meter are,

Using the 0 to 1 volt output:

Input A = 0.0

Output A = 10.0

Input B = 1.0

Output B = 30.0

Using the 0 to 5 volt output:

Input A = 0.0

Output A = 10.0

Input B = 5.0

Output B = 30.0

Check you have the sensor ground on the meter connected to a Gnd Out on the Vipec.

The fairing is more then likely the idle control startup step values being far to big.

i have downloaded 4.4.3 from your website and updated ECU, but the version information 4.4.1.251 build date 11.11.14 jul 30 2009????????

Jim,

The software version shown is wrong. I have being meaning to get this fixed for a while.

Press all four buttons on the Autronic meter to set it to factory defaults. Then select Function 1 and select the display type as AF-P. If you sill get values that do not agree, then there is a problem with the sensor ground wire or the software settings are not as above or there is something wrong with the meter. I would think it is a ground problem, as the meters are reliable.

Ray

The meter and probe are working correctly (i have tested with 3 probes)and compared it with another wideband (techedge NTK), i have already resest the Autronic meter , the voltage that the meter is giving out is correct for the AFR and the vipec is seeing the correct voltage. if i select a AN input to 0v -5v i can see the voltage which is the same as the meter. please correct me if i'm wrong but i think the vipec is not displaying the correct AFR in relation to voltage. if my meter reads 14-1 the vipec reads 13-1. i have checked the grounds and they are all good!

thanks

jim

ps The start up values were to big and that was causing the flairing up on start up. E- throttle working great by the way!!!!!!!

Ray,

v2 and v3 are wired correctly, but with more investigation we have found the fault but not the cause!!!!

i will email you my phone number so you can get in contact with me. it will take me forever to write an email explaining our findings

regards

jim

Jim

Can you tell me the problem you have found on your autronic meter

Thanks in advance for your reply

Francis

Ray,

v2 and v3 are wired correctly, but with more investigation we have found the fault but not the cause!!!!

i will email you my phone number so you can get in contact with me. it will take me forever to write an email explaining our findings

regards

jim