Idle Speed Control Valve for WI V44 on 1800 subaru RX Turbo

Guest |486|

Hi all , I bought a Wire In V44 from Insight and need some info on readily available idle air speed control valves .

It was mentioned that Hyundai's have a Bosch three pin rotary one and I wonder if anyone knows its part number .

The valve needs to be large enough to do the cold start bypass as well as idle speed at all temperatures .

I'm really interested to see what can be achieved with this management system over the OE vane AFM/conventional dizzy mid 80's control stuff .

I went in for four LS1 coils because they patch in so easily to these systems .

Cheers Adrian .

Hi Ray , unfortunately Subaru EA82/T engines didn't have one . All they got was a variation of the electrically heated , and closed , cold idle up valve .

The above mentioned ISC valve is std on Hayundai Exels and a few other various four cylinders . I grabbed a 2nd hand one to play with and they are reasonably bulky with big diameter barbs on them . A smaller stand alone valve would be easier to package .

Thanks , Adrian .

I use 2-wire Bosch ICV on our race cars with no cold start or idling issues. These race cars come with 'racing' intake manifold with no idle control valves. The cars run aggressive cams but i can get the engine to idle around 1000 - 1100rpm rock solid, with or without a/c.

You could install a throttle body off a WRX to keep it in the Subaru family if you like. These have the idle control valve integrated which will keep your install compact. The 2 wire one and not the stepper version would be the best option. There are many options that will perform the task well.

Hi Scott , I dug up a couple of Excel ones the other day and they are reasonably bulky three wire things and not so easy to package .

I think I did actually glance at early NA Liberty and Impreza throttlebodies , my EA82T has the rarer Vortex Spider inlet manifold and its plenum was flange modified so need to see if an EJ type throttlebody will still fit . I have a std plenum section if they don't .

The EJ's throttle rotates in the opposite direction to my EA but I'm sure we can modify the quadrant to make it work . I gather the V44 has no issues with the EJ type TPS ?

Cheers Adrian .

From what I read early EJ engines could have one of two types of rotary IAC on a housing bolted to the throttlebody assembly .

I think the manual cars had a two wire type that used the electric actuator to pull one way and have a spring to move the vane in the opposite direction .

I think auto cars had the actuator move the rotating bit one way or the other and had three wires or pins .

Not sure what switch type is but suspect the second type ?

Cheers A .

Sorry this is draging out but I found a bit more info in this American Liberty/Legacy site .

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... fe26ffb50f

There is mention towards the bottom of that string about 2 and 3 wire IAC systems .

The guts of it is one PWM signal to run the two wire one or two PWM signals to run the three wire one .

Scott was this what you mentioned about using two channels with the Excell Bosch IAC valve ?

Cheers Adrian .

Series 1,2,3,4 (1994-98) cars have three wire idle valve. These are connected this way. Aux 1 as IAC Slave Solenoid and another Aux output as IAC Solenoid. The third wire goes to ignition switched +12 volts.

The Series 7-9 (2001-07) 2L cars, have a three wire value also. This valve only has one wire going to the ECU.

Ray.