Cannot connect to ECU

Guest |471|

Ok have a little problem, I need to check some settings in my ECU and cannot connect, when I plug into the ECU my PC prompts me to setup new device and insert disc, my tuner has disc, I downloaded software from the VIpec site so assume there are drivers I am missing ?

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

The drivers are supplied with the software.You install these when you load the software.What com port are you using.

Also make sure your laptop cable is in the correct port on the ECU, not the CAN BUS port.

I loaded the software from the software page, connected ECU to PC via USB and turn ignition I then get the hardware wizard asking to setup new hardware and insert installation disc (which I dont have). If I try to bypass this step and open Vipec software and connect it cannot find ECU have tried Auto/manual and all COM ports ? have loaded SP3 and removed and reinstalled vipec VTS ?

Running XP home edition with SP3 update, loaded via bootcamp on my MAC, though have had no problem using this with the RACEPAK software and same USB port ? Have noticed that there is a program that was loaded with the RACEPAK software PL-2303 USB serial driver I assume for the USB to serial port adapter, would this cause a problem ?

MAC running XP... :shock: I have no idea... :?

I have seen cases where the current USB drivers which are for XP/Vista that do not install correctly under XP. The fix was to use the older XP drivers. You need to point Windows install at these drivers and never let the Vipec software install the drivers.

Here are the old XP only drivers http://www.vi-pec.com/software/ViPEC-USB_Drivers_V4_40.zip

Yes MAC's will run a partition (bootcamp) that lets you use Windows, running XP supposedly takes up less space than Vista etc.

Anyway plugged in the USB from ECU did the hardware wizard and then it found the drivers and everything worked perfectly.

Just want to say thanks Ray your customer service is excellent :D

• 1 month later...
MAC running XP... :shock: I have no idea... :?

I have seen cases where the current USB drivers which are for XP/Vista that do not install correctly under XP. The fix was to use the older XP drivers. You need to point Windows install at these drivers and never let the Vipec software install the drivers.

Here are the old XP only drivers http://www.vi-pec.com/software/ViPEC-USB_Drivers_V4_40.zip

I also have a problem connecting to the ecu, is this link and file still valid, I dont seem to be able to unzip the file.

I tried updating the latest firmware and it asks for an authorization code....... now car won't start :shock:

It acts like the ecu is wiped clean, will NOT communicate with laptop

NEED HELP ASAP :oops:

Hi Ray,

Not to sure if you are already following up with Sergio of DOCSTECH in South Africa, but we urgently need your input on a communication problem that we are experiencing with the new V44 ecu in our race car.

When we switch on the power there is perfect coms with the ecu, but when we start the engine we get the "cannot connect to ecu" error message and the laptop freezes. So when the engine runs we have no communication with the ecu. We tried three different laptops all with XP on them with the same result.

Is there a resource management function on the ecu?

Regards

Marius