Vipec on a Volvo V40

Guest |228|

Hi all has anyone put a V44 or 88 on a volvo V40 yet ????

Volvoman

We have tuned a couple of V40 T4 Volvos - not with ViPEC, but I know ViPEC V44 would be a great choice for this little four cylinder turbocharged engine, and I have been expecting a chance to do it. This engine has a huge potential, as we have seen well over 600hp with pump fuel.

You can use all of the original sensors, crank is very common 60-2. The earlier version with non variable exhaust cam can use the original cam trigger without modifications. The later cam trigger has four teeth and could propably be added to the next firmware update. (Contact Ray for details on this. Or me, if you are in Finland.) Or change it to the earlier specification.

We have tuned a couple of V40 T4 Volvos - not with ViPEC, but I know ViPEC V44 would be a great choice for this little four cylinder turbocharged engine, and I have been expecting a chance to do it. This engine has a huge potential, as we have seen well over 600hp with pump fuel.

You can use all of the original sensors, crank is very common 60-2. The earlier version with non variable exhaust cam can use the original cam trigger without modifications. The later cam trigger has four teeth and could propably be added to the next firmware update. (Contact Ray for details on this. Or me, if you are in Finland.) Or change it to the earlier specification.

Hi Jean

Thanks very much for the reply i want to make as cheap and easy as poss the car will keep the volvo ecu and run the vipec along side it the car is a 99 on a T so assume its a later type with VVT any help most welcome

Russ