V88 injector drivers

Guest |563|

Guest |563|

I am building a supercharged high boost (40psi) 4 cyl engine (2.7 litre) for drag racing application. I am looking at using the V88 ECU. The application is on Methanol and I am using 12 a Bosch Indy blue injectors (842'S). 4 will be primary injectors ( 1 per cylinder) and 8 will be secondary injectors ( 2 per cylinder). Can the V88 drive 2 x peak & hold injectors per injector driver for the secondaries? If so what would be the Peak and what would be the Hold amps you would enter in the injector set up. Does the injector dead time remain the same when driving two injectors? Would you drive them as sequential or batch fire? I will await you reply before going ahead with an ECU.

Thanks

This car uses a similar setup. http://www.vi-pec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=212

There is no problem driving 2 or 3 Bosch Indy blues on each injector output of the V88.

Injector types and dead times for each stage can selected. The amps for the peak and hold settings will be double when using two injectors. Normally when setting up a car for drag racing you select saturated. That way the injectors are slammed open and closed with all the amps needed to drive them. This is how the car in the link above is setup.

The primary and secondary stages should be setup as sequential.

Ray.

Guest |563|

Ray

Thanks very much for your prompt response. If the product is as good as your service and advise it should be excellent. Just to recap, you feel it would be best to program as saturated injector drive mode and use ballast resistors?

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

When you select saturated the injector drivers provide up to 10 amps to drive open the injector. How many amp depends on the ohms resistance of the injectors. You do not use ballast resistors. They are only used if a ECU has injector drivers with low amps and not enough to directly drive the injectors. Example the V44 has 2 amp injector drivers. If you use injectors with less then 6 ohms, you need a ballast resistor, as the amps required to directly drive them will be over 2 amps.

Selecting peak and hold in the software limits the amps to what you specify. For a drag race engine this is not required.

Ray.