Any update?

Guest |229|

Guest |229|

hi all.

is there any news on the firmware update for the ECU?

I get back to denmark late in this month and would be cool to have something new to play with. ;-)

Thanks

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Dealers are testing the new software and firmware now.

Expect big changes.

The new software is awesome.

You will have plenty to play with.

Thats all i will say.

I'll leave the rest to Ray to comment on.

Guest Marcel B

Hello all , The changes to the new software / firmware look very impressive ! as usual . In the next week I am scheduled to go on the dyno with my car to finally get it tuned out (to 30 psi :twisted: ) ! Has there been any changes to how tuning is done withe the vipec ? is there anything that I may need to know before tuning :?: I saw the screen shot of the mixture map , it looks different but is it actually different ? does the "M" key function still work ?

Has there been any changes to how tuning is done withe the vipec ? is there anything that I may need to know before tuning :?: I saw the screen shot of the mixture map , it looks different but is it actually different ? does the "M" key function still work ?

Yes mixture table tuning has been added. The math's key is still there.

The mixture table will tune the fuel table based on the data from a data log. You can drive the car on the road or dyno while running the PC or ECU memory loggers. Then open the log in the mixture table, and it will show you how far out the tune is, and how many times the engine passed though each cell. You then double click on all the cells and the fuel table is tuned.

This feature is very good on a dyno as you can run the engine though most of the cells in the fuel table. Then with a few clicks you tune a big area of the fuel table. This is an example of how it can be used. This method comes from Ben at EFI-101. You do two logs to get the fuel table tuned. On the first you set the fuel table values rich, then run the engine though all cells, and correct them with the mixture table. This will get the tune within 10%. Do the same for a second time and the tune is 1% accurate.

Ray.

Guest Marcel B
wow

awesome !

really good thats you have ben from EFI101 contributing ideas as well !

cant wait, logs of stuff here i've been waiting for !

I second this as well , and welcome any tuning aids to help me achieve my goal ! I am sooooo happy that i bought your product !! I have another question though .One thing I have noticed whilst using the present software for tuning . When going through the data log with the fuel table up , sometimes (most times infact!) , the area to be tuned falls somewhere between two stipulated points (, say a 5346rpm , which falls between 5000 and 5500rpm ,) on the main fuel table with another "in between" map value like say , 173kpa . When the math key is used , I would have to adjust the cells closest to this point , but not this point exactly , since "it does not exist " . In a case like this , I would have to adjust the cell located at 170KPA @ 5000rpm , since these are the closest pints .This has often resulted in changes being made to cells which were already tuned , throwing off the entire tune at that point .When the mixture table is used , does the ECU automatically extrapolate the values between the points on fuel table , so that points that arent visible will be within range and therefore be tuned as well , reducing the work required by the user?

If you have an engine that needs a different fueling at one point in the map, that does not match an existing cell, then add a new axis value. Some engines have a point in the map that needs to be radically different, but in most cases the interpolation between cells gets the fuel correct.

Ray.

Guest |306|

I love the support for Vipec. Continues to impress me. I recommend it as a great alternative to many others out there. I finally took my car out of storage last weekend and literally started right up after plugging it in. I'll be using it to control my meth injection VERY SOON :)

Thanks Ray!

Jeremy