Last minute install q's

Guest |443|

Guest |443|

Morning guys. I almost finished wiring up my harness last night, and have just a couple questions. The first is in regards to the coil suppression capacitor. I am running a 6cylinder coil-on-plug setup (BMW M50B30) and do not know how I should choose the correct capacitor. Any tips?

Also, one of the kind folks on this forum send me a V44 map a few months back (Shoot, close to 6 now!) and I was trying to import it and change it to a V88 map. Is there something really simple I am missing in being able to do that?? I can't figure it out for the life of me. I started over with the V88 base map, but its very slow copying the data to a spreadsheet, and back. I really wish I could import single maps to/front a spreadsheet!

And lastly, as I am running a 6cylinder sequential setup, I have 2 ignition and 2 injection outputs spare. I set the V88 base file up to use 6 cylinders, but cannot reassign the outputs for inj7/8 or ign7/8.. Any tips?

If my configuration file is requested I can post it, I'm just not on my tuning laptop ATM.

Thanks so much,

Roman

In the past there was a capacitor supplied with the ECU. This is no longer supplied and is not required. I thought it had been removed from the manual as well.

To change a V44 map to V88 you need to load it in the V88. The same for a V88 into a V44. You cannot do this offline.

You can copy a map offline, if you run two versions of the software and cut and paste tables. To select a table for copping press the Shift + Arrow keys to select the area of the table you want, then press Ctrl + C to copy. Then go to the other software and press Ctrl + V to paste.

Select Aux Ign7-8 and Aux InJ7-8 as "Not Selected". Sometimes the software does not do this automatically.

Ray.

Guest |443|

Okay cool. As of a few minutes ago, the manual still listed the cap. I wish I had asked yesterday, I've spent far too much time worrying about it today.

Thanks much. Hopefully she'll roar to life tomorrow!

Guest |443|

Hummm... So I can't change Inj7-8 to Not Selected. I have no problem doing that with the Ign7-8, but not Inj. And I have the injector outputs wired for the fuel pump, so I kind of need to be able to adjust it. Maybe it will work itself out when I hook up the laptop to the ViPEC initially?

Guest |443|

I'll take your word for it that the cap isn't needed Ray, as the new 2010 document still states it is. (Page 36).

Would you happen to know if the Nissan RB26 ignitor is a rising edge or falling edge?

Also, how many sensors can I load up the +5v output with? I am going to be running 4 pressure sensors. And nothing special is needed w/ the EBC solenoid? In other words, the solenoid won't draw over 0.5amp I am assuming?

The Nissan is falling edge. Just about every ignition system is falling. The exception is American made CDI and some Honda ignitions.

The 5 volt supply is designed for many sensors. You will not have problems.

Most Aux outputs are 2 amp, there are some that are 6 amp. You can workout the amps of anything you connect to the outputs using this formula.

Volts / ohms = Amps

Ray.

Guest |443|

Thanks again Ray :)

One more q... I wired up the 3 ViPEC grounds to a few of the factory ECU grounds of bigger gauge. They go to the chassis, near the engine ground. This is how my last standalone was wired in without issues. Would you suggest wiring it straight through to the block regardless?

-Roman

Guest |443|
Providing the ground is good, it will be okay.

Ray.

That figures. I re-ran it because I didn't want to take a chance. I should have asked last night. Oops.

Roman