Troubles with coolant temp sensor readings ( SOLVED )

Guest |338|

Guest |338|

Hi. I have some troubles with the coolant temp sensor. I use the one that was included when i bought the ECU.

I only get -40 as temperature. No error codes an AN temp seems is lined with green and marked with OK. I have searched for broken wires but there is none.

I have also tried with 2 different sensor but i get the same result..

So i start to wonder, can it be the ecu? Its clearly not the sensor since the 2 other sensors provide the same result. I cant see that i have wired it uncorrectly since there are only 2 wires :roll:

Anyone have any ideas?

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

What ECT Sensor have you selected in the software.

Looking at your post and seeing the values you state, it would seem you have selected the incorrect sensor setting.

Guest |338|

I have pretty much tried everyone..

But std bosch ntc and the bosch 0 280 130 017 have worked earlier..I only some minor differences in temp..

This is the only settings i can adjust? Except the fault voltage and output temp incase of failure..

edit:

May have found the source to my problem. I have 2 wires out from ECT sensor, and i have connected 1 extra wire to the sensor signal wire to get my temp gauge in dash to work aswell. This is wired paralell so the ohm to ecu might be divided in 2. Wouldnt that be correct? If thats the case, its no wonder i get the wrong sensor readings.. Im off track here? Im no electrician :lol:

Will try and take off the wire to my dash and see.. Hope that will be my solution.

I would like to still have the gauge in my dashboard to work, so if I set the ect sensor to a cal table and divide the ohms by 2, then it should work? Does anyone have the cal. table for the vipec ect sensor?

Temperature inputs on the ECU have a 1k pullup resistor. The ECU does all its temperature calculations based on a 1k pullup resistor. When you try to share the signal with another ECU or gauge that has a pullup resistor, the calculations are all wrong. You have two options.

1. Remove the pullup resistor from the original ECU or Gauge.

2. Connect the temperature sensor to a volt input and then scale the sensor in a cal or calibration table.

Ray.