2004 STI - street/show/strip car

Guest |266|

Guest |266|

The car has a lot of mods so I'll hit the highlights.

Innovative Tuning Weekend Warrior Shortblock and stage 4 heads with 272 cams

Precision 6765 turbo on modified Ultimate Racing uppipe, Perrin exhaust manifold (slip joints welded up), modded 3" downpipe, 3" titanium cat back, UR 4" to 3" cold air intake, Tial wastegate with external dump and Tial BOV, Perrin FMIC.

Full custom Innovative Tuning fuel system with modified sending unit, Bosch 044 in tank, -8 feed, Aeromotive FPR, check valve, and filter, -6 lines to T1 Race development fuel rails with Bosch high impedance 2200cc injectors, adapted to use stock return line.

Stock ignition with 1 step colder plugs.

Modded breather system with venting separator.

ViPec V88 with plug in adaptor, Defi gauges.

Last year our customer Brian told us he wanted a ten second street car and we weren't allowed to take anything out of it. A/C had to stay. His custom carputer had to stay. The surround sound system with amp rack, amps, subs etc. in the trunk had to stay too. Nothing could be removed from the interior, and the car had to drive well because this is his street car.

As you can see, the engine bay is packed:

BrianDEnginBay.jpg

After much thought, we arrived at a setup that I'm quite confident is capable of ten second passes, perhaps more, and drives like a dream. Without the ID2000's and ViPec I wouldn't have the control required to make this car run so well. It literally drives like stock or better. It fires right up hot or cold, idles smoothly and at proper AFRs without stumbling despite the ported heads, upgraded cams, and 2200cc injectors. Not that I recommend it, but you can even cruise at stoich at 1700 RPM in 5th gear without the engine stumbling or hiccuping.

So far we only have the car set up to run 93 octane pump gas on a daily driver tune, but this is not typical daily driver power. Stock STI's only make around 200 whp on our dyno so our numbers for AWD cars are not what most people are used to. This STI makes 460 whp at just 24 psi on 93 octane, so over 2.5 times stock output.

BrianD24psiVs08STI.jpg