7mgte basemap and system tests

Guest |591|

Guest |591|

I'm looking for a simple base map for my 87 Toyota supra 7mgte any help would be great. I also have a problem with the software cylinder configuration is set to 6 but I only have 4 choices for testing injectors and coils. Am I missing something. Checked to see if it was in sequential or batch and I tried both but still only 4 cylinders to choose

When you are using wasted spark or group fire injectors the options are 1-2, 1-4, 1-6, 1-8.

As you need three injector and ignition you select 1-4 for injector and ignition. Then there will only be, four injector test options

I do not have a base map, but could make you something up.

Ray.

Guest |591|

i would be very thankful if you could help me get a basemap setup, the engine in the car is fresh and rebuilt and wont have much tinker time so the quicker i can get it started and running the better :D

not sure if the specs will matter to much since its just a base map but here is the parts list

internals:

.20 over stock forged and heated tops

stock rods

stock crank

stock valves

stock cams

Block:

bored .20 over

resurfaced

hot tanked

Solid motor mounts

Head:

resurfaced

Hot tanked

ARP Studs

HKS Stopper head gasket 1.5mm

fidenza adj. cam gears

Intake:

PHR 4 inch

K&N filter

Master Power T-70 .68

tial 40MM wastegate

3 inch in/out intercooler front mount

3 inch custom intercooler pipes

Greddy Type R BOV

exhaust:

PHR Exhaust manifold

3 inch custom DP w/wide band

3 inch electric cut out

3 inch apexi N1 muffler

no catalizers

Fuel:

PTE 780CC injectors

Aeromotive ADJ Press reg.

SS lines

aeromotive

-10 fuel lines to -8 at rail "dual feed"

aeromotive A1000 fuel pump

LIPP high flow rail

electronics:

HKS EVC 8

HKS FCD

vipec 44/88 "still deciding"

gauges:

Glow shift black outs EGT/Boost/oil pressure

AEM UEGO Wideband

transmission:

R154 5 speed "stock"

ACT Xtreme cluch 6 puck un sprung

ACT Xtreme Pressure plate

Fidenza lightweight flywheel

rebuilt 3.9 LSD rear diff

• 1 month later...
Guest |591|
Update your profile with the ECU model and serial number and I will send you the map.

Ray.

vipec v44

serial number 7704

precison turbo injectors 880cc low imp

stock ignitor will be removed same with stock coils, will be replaced with ls2 coils

Guest |591|

ok well i have began wiring up my vipec already impressed with it, currently i have TPS, IAT, ECT, and currently working on the injectors, i was going to go and test them but i dont know what i should place all my settings to to work with a paired injection setup and what to set the injectors up as. the information i have on the injectors is placed above but what is provided by the manufacture is really lacking of the information i need. i just have opening and closing ms. i dont have the peak and hold amps. curious if anyone can help me on this one.

Guest |591|

i had actually tried to test them tonight, wired up as followed, aux output - resistor pack - injector / injector - to ecu. only injector group i have wired completely is cyl 1 & 4. tested wires for power, got 13v at resistor pack side. but i also noted that i have the same at the ground side. so power is traveling through the injector. cyl 1& 4 are wired to injector output 1. i have tried settings multi point and grouped/staged and made sure to have it set to inj 1-4. settings are set for injectors as peak hold but was running low dead time numbers just for testing.

i turn on the injector test drive 1, and nothing at all. where am i failing? i also would like to note that its now 4am and i probably am not thinking straight on this right now. :) only time i get to work on the car anymore lol

Guest |591|

yes the case has a led, its a blue light. there are no error codes showing either.

the injectors are 2ohms

here are the complete specs

flow rate: 880cc

impedance: low

resistance: 2Ω

opening ms: 1.130

closing ms: 0.998

nozzle style: Ball & Seat

Guest |591|

i just thought of why i was getting power at the ground side "injector o/p" i was testing from inj o/p to battery positive. but shouldnt that have still given me a signal reading anyway?

You will need 2.2 Ohm 50w resisitors.

You did not answer my question about the LED on the end of the case.

If you test from an injector output to ground you will get +12v. This is a phantom voltage and has no current behind it. Injectors must be wired as I said in the last reply.

Ray.

Guest |591|
You will need 2.2 Ohm 50w resisitors.

You did not answer my question about the LED on the end of the case.

If you test from an injector output to ground you will get +12v. This is a phantom voltage and has no current behind it. Injectors must be wired as I said in the last reply.

Ray.

were can i find these resistors?

i did answer the question about the led, you asked if there was an led on the connector side of the case and i said yes, it is a blue led

the way you say to wire it is how i have it wired, im just using aux o/p 1 as a 14v o/p.

i did answer the question about the led

Sorry I missed it. This changes everything. The V44 is one of the new versions with peak and hold injector drivers. You do not need a resistor.

Wire the injectors in parallel and select peak and hold with 4 amps peak and 1 amp hold.

Ray.

Guest |591|

WHATT!! are you serious, man thats good news lol. i didnt notice that the new version had that ability. so i wont have any issues with them being low resistance then/ thanks for the help out on that. makes wiring so much easier.

you still going to help me out make a base map for the 7mgte?

Guest |591|

ok so i have it wired like this now inj o/p >injector>power source.

my power source is aux out 1. i have the settings set to test (on) high polarity. reading 11.97v for battery. still no signal or injector action.

Guest |167|

were can i find these resistors?

i did answer the question about the led, you asked if there was an led on the connector side of the case and i said yes, it is a blue led

the way you say to wire it is how i have it wired, im just using aux o/p 1 as a 14v o/p.

Did I understand you correctly, that you are using aux1 as power supply for your injectors? Why would you want to do something like that?

Or am I misunderstanding you on this one...

Guest |591|

is there a 14v out im missing? no your not misunderstanding . im probably brain farting or somthing again 1am woke up early lol

the only reason im using aux out is for a 14v

Guest |591|

so i take it there isnt any 14v outs on the v44? just curious. trying to limit most of the wiring to the ecu itself. and no so much on the battery.

Guest |591|

well while i am waiting on ordering ls2 coils im going to start setting up other sensors like my wideband sensor.

aem has provided a calibration table for the gauge itself for the standalone. but the only thing im stuck on is that the table they provide is set in .32 and .3 increments, starting at 10AFR. if i set the cal table 1 to input volts, output as AFR, starting 10, and .32 incr. the afr reading will stop at 14.8

the table they provide goes all the way to 19.98.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/Images/Pr ... 0-4100.pdf

here are the instructions, the information i speak of is on page 5

is there a way to add more cells to the table?