Sharing trigger signal with Msd al6

Guest |167|

Guest |167|

Is it possible to share the crank trigger signal with an msd al6?

I have tried, but the signal fluctuates when the msd box is plugged in as well. Is this impossible to do, or is there any tricks to make this work?

The trigger signal is from an magnetic pickup on the msd distributor. The plan was to keep the msd ignition system, and just use the vi-pec for controling the fuel.

Have also thought about just using the trigger for the vi-pec, and mabe the the msd bos could read an tacho output from the vi-pec. Any ideas?

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Use the signal from the distributor directly to the Vi-PEC, then trigger the MSD with Ignition output 1 using the white points trigger wire.

I just reread your post,sorry, i didnt realise you wanted to control the fuel only.

You could add a crank trigger set up to over come your problem.

Have you tried adjusting your trigger arming voltage tresholds and filter levels to try to clean up your siganl.

Personally i would lock the distributor advance mechanism up and wire up the unit as i suggested above and run spark control also. :D

Guest |167|

I tried adjusting the threshold and filter, but could not get a steady reading. I went for your suggestion, with the vi-pec controlling the ignition. This will be for the best even if the customer wanted the msd to control ignition. :shock: