Is this correct..

Guest |229|

Guest |229|

Hi all.

For my nissan engine, with one TB, using the inbuilt MAP sensor in my v44 plug-in board for r33 GTR/GTS is this then correct:

Load = MAP

Y axis in my fual table is MGP. X axis is RPM

AFR correction = ON.

AFR target map is y axis = MGP, x axis = RPM

Is this correct?

I got thinking (yes it does happen) how does it calculate more fuel when at max pressure but ex. only on 50% TPS, how does it calculate more fuel over the ex. 50% TPS. and at full MAP. I cant see were it takes TPS into account.

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Yes, you can use MGP or KPA as your load axis when using LOAD = MAP.

I am a little confused with the rest of what you are asking.

When using MAP the TPS is used more as a trimming device, accelerator enrichment etc ,etc, plus behind the scenes calculations that are not adjustable.

Are you asking the following,

If the engine is at 50 % throttle and at full MAP eg: 200 Kpa, you want to know how it gets more fuel over 50% throttle,is this correct.

If so then you must remember your second Axis which is RPM.

If this is not the case can you explain a little differently, i am having trouble trying to work out what you are asking.

Due to a lack of sleep. :oops:

Guest |229|

Spot on!

How does it calculate more fuel if full pressure is reached before 100% throttle as the load basis is MAP. It just does? hehe.

But my settings are correct and it will add more fuel, when adding more throttle, if full pressure is reached before 100% throttle? That is the important thing, but would like to know "how" as to better understand all of this.

Thank you.

The throttle position has very little effect on air flow into the engine when TPS is greater then 50% on a turbocharged engine. If you want to correct for this minor difference, then use an exhaust back pressure sensor and setup the 4D table with EBP as an axis.

Partly closing a throttle butterfly on a turbocharged engine creates more exhaust back pressure, which effects the VE of the engine. The only case I know where this is a problem, is on ski boats. They are always at high rpm and full boost, and speed is controlled by the TPS.

Ray.