Ignition advancing way too much

Guest |508|

Guest |508|

I just finished wiring up vipec v44 into my car last night. The engine is a 408ci small block ford. I have a crank trigger with four pulses per engine rev and a custom oil plug/cam sync sensor with one pulse per two engine revs. I calibrated my base timing and the car started up fine. I ran if with no load for engine breakin purposes but the engine was stumbling at 2000rpm. My MAP says 25 degrees of advance at the cell I was holding it at but we put the timing light on and it was at my ignition limit of 40 degrees. I let the engine down to 1000 rpm where the timing is supposed to be 20 degrees and the timing light said 30 degrees. I am new to this ecu so I don't know where to start. I know there is an ignition delay box which is at zero right now because I was just do low rpm break in but is the what is causing this? I would believe an ignition delay would cause ignition retard as rpm climbs but why could my ignition be advancing so much?

Guest |508|

I decided to recalibrate my triggers. I set my base timing to 15 degrees and got it set right at cranking speed. With the ignition locked on reference the timing light showed the timing increasing with rpm. I looked over all my setting and I believe my triggers are set properly. Any ideas?

Guest |508|

I have coil to plug. I am using the ls1 coil packs from msd.

the trigger was on falling edge. I just tried putting to rising edge and recalibrating but when I had it locked to look at the 2000rpm it did the same thing. With it locked it jumped 15 degrees in 500 rpm.

• 2 weeks later...