Launch Control?

Guest rt1092

Guest rt1092

I want to set up the launch control on my 4 cylinder, naturally aspirated, 2.4 liter Neon It is an automatic with a transmission brake.

When I try to connect it says value out of range.

I want to have the engine at 4500 rpms with the trans brake applied and the throttle wide open. I've read the info but I'm confused about how to set it up.

I need it to hold the rpms at 4500 till I let go of the activating button, then accelerate.

Please forgive the ignorance I'm not used to computer set ups the 2 step units I have used are activated with a chip, to change rpms you change the chip.

I had someone set up the V44 with the old firmware and it was working but varied about 300 rpms. It is wired into the trans brake button.

Now I down loaded the new firmware to my lap top and it tells me that I have to reset the launch control. I have a race next weekend so I need to set it up soon.

Thanks in advance.

After doing a firmware update, you can get the software report a value is out of range. This is due to new options/values that have been added. Select from the list of value and click okay. Select Off or disabled when you can. After you are on line press F4 so you are not asked for the values again.

1. Select the activation control. This will be the digital input connected to your transbrake.

2. Hard Limit = Off. The hard limit activation value is then not used.

The rpm that the limiter holds the engine at, is a combination of the Limit range and the Launch rpm. If you want the engine to hold at 6000 rpm with a limit range of 500 rpm, then set the Launch RPM to 5500 rpm. The bigger the Limit Range the softer/smother the engine will come up to the Launch RPM.

As the engine is not turbocharged you should not bother with any ignition retard.

Ray.