No spark output on #4 when engine running

Guest |427|

Guest |427|

Car spec

Engine 4g63 with 2-tooth crank trigger and stock CAS as cam-trigger

VAG cop running in direct spark mode

Primary injectors wired to INJ1 and INJ3 - 4x 510cc with ballast resistors INJ1 to cyl 1/2 and INJ3 to cyl 3/4

Sec injectors wired to INJ2 and INJ4 - 4x 1680cc with ballast resistors

Staged injection

Vi-PEC ecu running latest firmware

Computers used (same problem)

Sony Vaio running WinXP Home

IBM Thinkpad T41 running WinXP Pro

When engine is running it only works on 3 cyl. Compression is good on all 4 cyl. Cyl 1-2-3 working good.

If i run TEST on ignition I got great spark on all the 4 outputs but as soon as the engine is started it does not get any spark on cyl 4, Ive tried having to coil and a sparkplug in on the outside of the engine = no spark either. I also tried changing to a new coil = same problem.

The coils are wired with +12v switched, engine earth, earth and signal.

I've tried reloading the firmware 3 times to Vi-PEC ecu and reinstalling software on the computers, no luck

I'm starting to be more sure that it's a problem with my V44 ecu :(

You have injector Active Drives as 1-4. Change this to 1-2.

Try the Mitsubishi EVO 1-6 trigger pattern.

Press the R key to open the runtime window. Go to the trigger tab and look at the trigger error count.

While you have the engine running press F2 to save the map and then email it to me.

Ray.

Guest |427|
You have injector Active Drives as 1-4. Change this to 1-2.

Try the Mitsubishi EVO 1-6 trigger pattern.

Press the R key to open the runtime window. Go to the trigger tab and look at the trigger error count.

While you have the engine running press F2 to save the map and then email it to me.

Ray.

I tried to change to 1-2 but then it fires cyl1+2 (510cc) and cyl3-4(1680cc) so that was no solution

I got the computer working while car running and saw that the RPM signal was very jumpy so I did rewire the crank signal to my CAS (DSM style, both crank/cam signal) and then it was solid and got igntion on cyl #4. Tried to put the crank signal back to the cranksensor and now it works, must have been some bad connection

Thanks again.