V88 support VW Motronic?

Guest |621|

Guest |621|

Hi all,

Looking to see if a V88 would suit my car... The car in question is an Australian delivered 2002 VW Bora 4motion.

Basic info

• 2.8L v6

• 4motion haldex 4wd system

• Twin VVT and dual stage intake manifold

• Drive by wire throttle

• Obd2 /CAN / Motronic 7.1(?) engine management

• Uses a MAF sensor

It currently has some light mods on the engine side, being an exhaust, intake, and a generic flash tune.

I would be considering the Vipec to get installed on the car naturally aspirated to work out any kinks, with the plan to turbo/supercharge the car down the track. (rather than trying to do both at the same time...).

Future plans would be to move to larger injectors, remove the MAF, control boost etc.

Can the V44/V88 control the above features of the car whilst keeping the dash, climate control, haldex 4wd, cruise control etc all intact?

I guess that there would be some level of piggybacking required with the factory ECU left to control a bunch of the non-performance stuff.

Hi Lonewolf

Yes, you are right. You will need a lot of piggybacking. First you will have to leave everything connected to the stock ecu if you want everything to work.

This is the problem, all these new cars are using CAN protocol to communicate between one another and this is the problem.

The engine will work more than great, but AC and everything else will take some time and nerves.