Subaru EJ20Y cam sensors

rhollrah

I am (will) be running a EJ20Y for the 4 cam AVCS with G4+ (#WRX9+).  Having trouble with the cam sensor wiring.  Did have Ver8 207 with functioning intake AVCS.  That engine has 3 cam sensors with 2 wires each.  The EJ20Y has only 2 sensors, 3 wires each.  Need some help getting this worked out.  Thanks a bunch.

Randy

Have a read of this. on a quad AVCS head you will have a position sensor and a solenoid on each cam, plus your crank position sensor. Whether those cam sensors are 3 wire hall or 2 wire VR may depend on the exact engine but they must be there. If you cant find them at all on the front of the engine, check at the rear of the cams. I know the EZ30/36's ran their AVCS control at the back of the engine rather than the front. Maybe the newer EJ20's did too?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 11:39 PM, rhollrah said:

I am (will) be running a EJ20Y for the 4 cam AVCS with G4+ (#WRX9+).  Having trouble with the cam sensor wiring.  Did have Ver8 207 with functioning intake AVCS.  That engine has 3 cam sensors with 2 wires each.  The EJ20Y has only 2 sensors, 3 wires each.  Need some help getting this worked out.  Thanks a bunch.

Randy

Configure as per a DBW 2.5 05+ car ( UK/JDM anyway, US went that way a bit earlier I think )

although are you saying you're using a quad AVCS engine, or just a 4Cam engine with intake AVCS and a sensor on each intake cam ?