V88 - injector drivers Rover V8 dual fuel

Guest |671|

Guest |671|

ViPEC V88, Rover V8, dual fuel, non-turbo, 8 coils, 2x8 injectors

I want to drive (sequentially) 2 sets of 8 injectors; high impedance (17-18 ohm) for petrol and low impedance (3-4 ohm)for LPG vapour. V88 will select by relay switching 12v supply to either set of injectors. I will use a diode in series with each injector to avoid spurious triggering and erroneous current sensing caused by current paths through unselected injectors.

Can I just use peak/hold for both sets of injectors or should I create 2 injector setup tables and switch between them?

Guest |671|

I registered as guest.

I'm trying to make sure the V88 will do what I need before I invest.

The injector driver documentation doesn't seem to cover this topic.

You would select peak and hold. This will drive both saturated and peak and hold injectors. If you select saturated, you could do damage to the peak and hold injectors.

You can have either dual fuel tables, or the main fuel table with an overlay table. The overlay makes corrections to the main table rather then a totally separate table.

Ray.

Guest |671|

Great, thenks very much.

I hoped this may have been the way to go, but the documentation seemed to indicate that peak/hold should not be used for high impedance injectors.

I have tried 4 other ECU manfacturers for an answer to this question. This is the first time I've even had a reply, let alone a prompt and helpful one! Most impressed.