Cyclic idle questions

Guest |680|

Hi guys, we are quite pleased with the Vipec range of ECUs! We've set up several drive by wire V88 powered STis and a few standard V44 units, all on rally cars with excellent results. Until this EVO we are working on, I have not had any troubles or confusion.

The car in question is a 2004 Mitsi EVO8 with Vipec PnP board. The car has been mapped already and everything worked great. Today I began to set up the anti-lag. I began by propping open the throttle by about 15% then activating the ALS and cyclic idle. The problem is that the cyclic idle is not catching the idle speed (I set the cyclic max speed to 2000 yet the car is idling at 2800 RPMs). I cannot find in the manual what the parameters 'end cut' and 'start cut' so I do not know if these might have an impact on the cyclic idle. I can post the cal file if need be. On the Subarus that I have done, the cyclic idle parameters are very different that on the EVO (there is no smoothing and things are arranged very differently in the ALS settings). Any insight or input is appreciated.

There is some test software with a totally new antilag system. I will sent you an email.

I can't send you a PM, email is billw 'at' dentsport 'dot' com. Thanks Ray, your responsiveness is great.