Help please

Guest |543|

I have two NEW ecu's that are both having some problems. Everything is running good but after we run them for a while they will not shut off when the key is turned off. They will continue to run and the ecu only has 5 volts going to it. The big problem is that the coolant fan only has half the power as well and they want to overheat? I do not know what is going on. Is there something in the firmware that is not right? Am I just doing something wrong? I have 10 other ones that work fine, just these last two are doing this? I am lost on this. Please help. Thanks, Mark

Guest Marcel B

Re-check your wireing ! ensure that the 12V supply to your system turns off with the key ;

"On a typical two-terminal solenoid, the Auxiliary Output should be connected to one terminal to supply a ground, while the other terminal should be connected to an ignition switched (key ON) 12V source. A warning/shift light may also be wired the same way.

WARNING!

Solenoids and relays wired to auxiliary outputs must take their switching coil power supply from a switched (through a relay) source. Do NOT use a +12V hot supply (direct from the battery). Doing so may result in the ECU staying powered up when the key is switched off."

Marcel is right. You are backfeeding the ecu. All has to be disconnected through the relay as you turn off the key (ignition), If this is not made like that, your ecu will stay powered and you will have problems.

Clearly the wrong wiring, nothing else.