Mazda RX-7 S6 Analog Temp #1 Problem

Guest |285|

Hello all

I just updated to the latest 4.6.9 from the old 4.4.3. Everything was fine under 4.4.3, and now under 4.6.9 my Analog Temp #1 for the IAT is saying an error of above 5V and reads 194 degrees C. I have checked to make sure it is under the correct Std Bosch Sensor and it is, I tried changing the sensor to see if the value of 194 would change and still nothing. Am I missing something in the new software that I need to change? Please help.

Thank you

John

rx7boy

Hi Ray

Thank you, this fixed this. But now I have another sort or more major problem. The engine won't start....I looked over all the settings to make sure they were the same as in 4.4.3 and I cannot see anything different. It cranks fine but no fire. =( I thought well maybe it is something else, but then I thought it was working fine and then upgraded the software and firmware to 4.6.9 and no go. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I maybe email you my map so you can see if anything is not right? I have not had it running on this new software and firmware yet.

Thanks

John

rx7boy

Hi Ray

That worked! It starts!! I could not find info to what that setting should exactly be set to, maybe this should be added to the help file under trigger setup for S6 RX-7. One other thing I noticed under the trigger 1 & 2 tab the arming threshold was set to

.5 - 5 - 6 - 8 - 8 - 8 - 8 - 8 where as now under the trigger setup it says .5 - 2 - 3 - 3.5 - 3.5 - 3.5 - 3.5 - 3.5 is this what I should set this to now? What does this do to tuning? Will it effect much? Will things run better?

Thank you

John

rx7boy

.5 - 5 - 6 - 8 - 8 - 8 - 8 - 8 where as now under the trigger setup it says .5 - 2 - 3 - 3.5 - 3.5 - 3.5 - 3.5 - 3.5 is this what I should set this to now? What does this do to tuning? Will it effect much? Will things run better?

I would not have thought the upgrade would have changed the threshold setting. The new values are better, as using values over 5.8 volts is not recommended, ever...