Logging/Monitoring with V44 based drop-in board for GTO/3000

Guest |714|

Hi All,

I'm interested in a replacement ECU board for my 1st gen GTO. However as it's a direct drop in how is it programmed/tuned? is it done through the origional OBD port? if so my car uses the old OBD1 type which is quite limited.

I also saw a thread in here about a carputer/carpc used to monitor etc. I am also interested in this. As it's just windows based there would be no issues there. I'm just wandering what the interface is like and how it would go on a 7" screen.

Cheers,

Joe

Are there any other sensors or parts required to make this run properly? By propely I mean run well. Not just get it going but run efficiently. At this stage the car is stock. In the future I plan on upgrading the fuel pump, fpr, injectors, turbos and side mount intercoolers.

The initial setup and tune however would be on the stock engine.

Cheers,

Joe

might be asking too much of a PNP board but can it handle dual tunes? ie an everyday street tune and a high power/performance tune? Or am I limited to an electronic boost controller to just run 2 boost settings?

There is no such thing as a normal and performance tune. The engine is either tuned or not tuned. The fuel and ignition tables are 3D, this means the engine can be tuned to give the best fuel economy and exhaust emissions, and still help to bring on global warming by producing maximum power and pollution when you are at WOT.

If you used two different fuel octanes, then you would have different ignition table for each fuel. This can be a overlay table or a new table you switch too. This can be done with an external switch.

Ray.

• 1 month later...

Another question about this board. What is it's drivability like? this car will be my daily driver. Also how much power is this capable of handing? I'm aiming for 600AWHP. Yeah don't laugh I know it won't be very daily driver spec'd but I would like it to be easy and comfortable to drive everyday. Also will it be capable of over 600hp if I choose to?

Should I be looking at the V88 instead?

Joe

it looks like you don't understand the concept of standalone ECU.

It sums up to this: it will make all the power your tuner can get out of your engine/turbo/fuel combination. So, if you spend a ton of money to have 600whp, then your tuner will tune to the components used. There is no limitation to power or anything else. It will be drivable how your tunes is competent.

it looks like you don't understand the concept of standalone ECU.

I understand this. I'm just wondering about the V44..... what are it's limitations. If it could do everything then there would be no need for a V88 then would there? I'm confident the tuner knows what he's doing also ;) The supporting mods will be capable of over 600hp so that's no an issue.

There are no limitations on V44, except Input/Output combinations.

V44 has the same hw as V88, only smaller number of inputs and outputs. That is all that applies to your use.

V44 can have additional knock control with the Vipec digital knock amplifire, it only doen't have DBW capability.

Everything else is the same.