V44 0r V88 no cam sensor? 4 stroke, non waste spark?

Guest |755|

Just wondering if either of these units can fire a four stroke motor, with only a multi tooth wheel on the crank, only a crank sensor, fully sequential EFI, non waste spark?

I have an OEM ECU on an ATV here that does, really blew me away! I guess they're reading crank acceleration to tell tdc?

The Vipec cannot do this.

Even more weird is two stoke engines that run backwards when you want reverse. To go backwards you press a button and the engine slows down to almost a stop, then the ECU fires the ignition in another position so it kicks the engine into backwards rotation. Does the same to go forward again.

Ray.

Yes, that is neat, I think that setup is used on sleds, right?

When I was running the old software, I notoced a crank accel readout, (I think that was what it was called) down at the bottom, in the digital output area. I think that was a readout of how steady the crank was turning?? I thought some more work may have been done in that area. Seems like if the ecm could read the crank acceleration amount, there could be some logic setup that could "see" TDC, since the crank turns more slowly going over the top, on compression. It would only have to determine which stroke, not the exact place where spark would occur. Just some ideas.........