E36 PNP with Auto Trans

Bjork1304

Anyone have a link PNP for the M50? I have one for my 325IS and it puts my trans in limp mode. When the stock ECU goes back in, limp mode goes away. As far as I know, and what Link has told me, their ECU is 100% compatible with the auto trans. I see there are 2 digital inputs for the TCM, one for "Timing Intervention Request" which is DI 4 and is turned off and the other is "Automatic Trans Range Switch" and that is set to "Neutral/Park".

I dont ever remember that ECU being marketed as compatible with Auto trans models but I might be wrong.  It does appear to have most of the basic trans IO taken care of.

I think the most likely cause of your limp mode is pin 11 - Aux 7 which is a "Throttle valve position" signal to the trans.  Plug your stock ecu in and measure the voltage on pin 11 at various throttle positions.  Then back in the Link ecu you can set aux 7 up as a GP PWM and try to duplicate that signal.