Terry

Mobile mechanical services

1993 Skyline R32 has had G4+ fitted. Spark plugs are not lasting long, very fuel fouled, (getting the vehicle ready for certification) while fitting heat shields I noticed the o2 has been removed an plugged. I said it needs to be put back, his reply was, everyone he has talked to says the G4+ does not like the o2 being there or something to that effect. Owner said he disconnected a three wire (not shielded) connector which I can see, I also see a shielded two wire connector, so can I have the official word on what the G4+ o2 sensor is before I spend time on it.

Thanks Terry 

If its fouling spark plugs the then tune is not right, fitting a narrowband O2 sensor isnt going to fix that.  

Most people dont bother with a narrowband sensor as it cant be used for tuning - so they fit a wideband sensor/controller instead which can be used for tuning as well as the closed loop functionality.

The ECU can work fine with the original narrowband sensor for closed loop control at idle and cruise (mainly for economy and emmisions reasons) if you want to fit one but the tune still needs to be correct in the first place, the O2 sensor should only be making very small adjustments.

10 minutes ago, Mobile mechanical services said:

Owner said he disconnected a three wire (not shielded) connector which I can see, I also see a shielded two wire connector, so can I have the official word on what the G4+ o2 sensor is before I spend time on it.

The factory sensor is a 3 pin connetor.