Knock strategy with sequential gearbox

Tracktoys

Hello,

I currently have a Vipec i88 I control a ej207 engine with Pfitzner seq. gearbox over load cell and gear calculation via the ecu.

Shifts and smooth and without hesitation. The only issue I have is noise due to the hard shifts. Knock control reduces timing with every shift. I have already tested on narrow band frequency chennel 6khz, but doesn't help.

Is there a way to integrate a duration timer? Shifts last 90-250ms dependent on gear and shift speed. If knock control only becomes active on knock readings longer than that, this would help. Or if I could combine it with load cell (load < XX nm).

Any suggestions how to get around? Don't want to deactive the knock control.

Many thanks!
Alex

• 2 years later...

In that log the gear shift status is jumping straight from waiting to torque reintroduction.  Im not sure if the logging is just too slow to capture the shift or if you have an odd gear shift setting that is causing the shift to end the instant it has started.  Can you attach you tune.

18 hours ago, Adamw said:

In that log the gear shift status is jumping straight from waiting to torque reintroduction.  Im not sure if the logging is just too slow to capture the shift or if you have an odd gear shift setting that is causing the shift to end the instant it has started.  Can you attach you tune.

Sure, thank you!

Subaru WRX V8 Vi-PEC_i88_LINK IAT-Link3Port_3ZollAGA_ECUTEK-800cc_EFR6258_PfitznerSEQGB_ETS_LLK_v1.pclr

End shift mode should be set to "Time" in your case.  Digital input isnt a valid end shift unless start shift mode is also digital input.  Basically your gear shift is being ended instantly after it is started.

gzWxU0y.png