Long cranking before start.

peterstokes

Hi,   This is my first Link setup,  Ford 302 in AC Cobra, 8 stack intake. RPM and TPS only for fuel. Engine cold cranks with an occasional fire. After numerous attempts the engine starts and runs smoothly. During the cold crank no start, there is  minimal injector duration. Cranking RPM is 160. Question : Does this ECU have a minimum crank speed.

Please find attached, maps and a short log of the non start period.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cobra_14_3_2020_5.pclr Non_start_cold.llg

What size injectors?  I notice in the log it looks like it gives a small cough of life initially then very little - does that describe a typical start?

What does it have for a coil/ignition system?

To answer your question about the min crank speed, it is very low, somewhere around 25RPM.

A couple of things I noticed;

1. The pre-crank prime table has very little in it.  For 1000cc injectors, typical numbers would be around 30ms below zero DegC tapering to about 4ms @ 70deg.  If your injectors are smaller than that then scale these numbers up accordingly.
  2. The warm-up enrichment table has smaller numbers in it than I typically see in traditional fuel mode - but it looks like someone may have already tuned it?  Once started is the AFR near target during warmup?  

Hi Adam, injectors are 0 280 156 186 = 212.8 cc/min.  Ignition is a  single Procomp coil and distributor. Igniter is a J121. Spark looks good when cranking. Do you have a recommended fuel pressure?. I'll increase the pre-crank duration. Tune is only basic by ear so far.  Thanks   Pete