Why 2nd iac stepper to not work

Delcowizzid

Yet again here I am with yet another car with a brand new g4+ storm that won't do iac stepper motor control. Last time was gm 4 wire stepper this time 6 wire 1jzgte vvti. Ive tried everything possible and it won't even park itself or move more than a shimmy back and forward. Valve works fine on the stock ecu. The steps change on the screen but the valve doesn't move at all. The customer will not be happy with having to keep the car idling till it warms up just like the last guy who can't even click his car into gear till its warmed up for 10 minutes guess I'm going to have to convert both cars to Ford pwm iacs to make idle control work

Link have sold plug-in ECU's for the supra for 10 years or more and I have never had any drama with the stepper on those, so I think it is pretty well proven.  Have you got the centre taps connected to 12V or are you running it like a bipolar valve?  Which aux do you have connected to which stepper pin?  Are you doing key on reset or key off reset?  Does the valve drive all the way fully open then back a bit during the reset process?

I can't log back in the forum is still broken too I can only log in once and then have to reset password every time I want to log in it's done that too me for years lol. Yes used the centre 12v taps and aux5 to aux8 even tried unpowered and 4 wire hookup no good either I havnt hooked up the hold power yet ecu is setup for key on reset. I tried swapping aux 5 and 6 around like the manual states no different. The iac just wiggles 1 or 2 mm back and forward like its getting a signal but just can't sink enough current to drive the motor. Did the exact same thing with the last g4+ storm I used on a 304 with gm 4 wire iac would tell the iac to move but it wouldn't move enough or at all and would loose track of steps thinking it had stepped steps but the iac hadn't moved and just had to turn the iac control off. 

The 1jzgte plugins are high side driven iac control with no power feed arnt they not low side driven like wire in ecus. 

Can't fault how it runs its smooth as butter even with 100lb injectors idles smoother than stock just wish it would idle up on start and idle when cold lol Currently have the idle screw cranked in a bit and idle timing keeping it idling smooth and keeping it from stalling after a stab when hot 

13 minutes ago, Delcowizzid said:

I can't log back in the forum is still broken too I can only log in once and then have to reset password every time

You need to sign in with your username, not email address.  

15 minutes ago, Delcowizzid said:

. Yes used the centre 12v taps and aux5 to aux8

I wanted to know which aux is connected to which pin on the stepper.

16 minutes ago, Delcowizzid said:

The 1jzgte plugins are high side driven iac control with no power feed arnt they not low side driven like wire in ecus. 

The plug-ins obviously use the factory wiring so it operates as is was designed to be with 12V on the centre taps and ecu low side driving the other 4 pins.  Most of the plug in ecus don’t have high side drives at all.

Ahhhh OK ill use my username haha thanks

Aux 5678 hooked in order to isc 1234 in the same order of lowest to highest at the ecu end of the factory wiring. I unsoldered a full socket out of an old jzx100 ecu and made a plug and play loom about a foot long using a and b link looms so I can go back and forwards from stock to link so the owner can keep his link if he sells the car. But now we are stuck using the link after fitting the big injectors hahaha. The owner had the brand new wire in link and then bought the plug in from japan but it didn't get here before being locked down so fitted the storm lol

12 hours ago, Delcowizzid said:

Aux 5678 hooked in order to isc 1234 in the same order of lowest to highest at the ecu end of the factory wiring.

The JZX100 plugin pinout is in the PC Link help file, is yours done the same?:  Aux 5 = pin 20, Aux 6 = pin 22, Aux 7 = pin 21, Aux 8 = pin 23.

goJb0fQ.png

Still hard to understand from the brief responses you are giving.  Is the wiring like above or not?  If you remove the valve and turn the key on it should quickly wind all the way open and back a bit.  If it doesnt you either have a wiring or valve issue.

You can attach the tune and I will check the basic settings, but the settings wont affect the key-on reset which is the most basic test to confirm wiring is ok.

Yes wired as per the plug in. Finally got a copy of the plug in tune off a mate iac isn't even setup in the plug in tune and aux 5 is running the fuel pump on the plugin lol been chasing a surging miss fire for 2 days as well turned off the can control and its smooth as butter funny thing was there was no commanded cam angles but the camshaft must be flopping around all over the show with cam control on