cops on wasted spark etc

iceman_n

vipec v44 ecu with 2.0 liter N/A engine

- i want to run smart cops in wasted spark mode, should i pair them in outputs or each cop to each output and configuratuion on software ? if it has the ability on software
- batch mode on injectors again should i pair them in outputs or wire them separate and just select batch mode on software ?

- 2 wire solenoid for vanos on intake cam,  i want to run as ON/OFF not vvt cause i dont have cam sensor...just using rpm condition for on/off, should i use the aux output to control a relay for feeding the solenoid and ground the other terminal of the solenoid on battery -  or use high side feeding directly from ecu ?

2 hours ago, iceman_n said:

- i want to run smart cops in wasted spark mode, should i pair them in outputs or each cop to each output and configuratuion on software ? if it has the ability on software

The coils have to be wired in pairs.  Only ign drive 1 and 2 will work when set to wasted spark mode.

- batch mode on injectors again should i pair them in outputs or wire them separate and just select batch mode on software ?

Injectors can be done either way, they will work exactly the same regardless of whether you use only Inj drive 1 & 2 or all 4.

- 2 wire solenoid for vanos on intake cam,  i want to run as ON/OFF not vvt cause i dont have cam sensor...just using rpm condition for on/off, should i use the aux output to control a relay for feeding the solenoid and ground the other terminal of the solenoid on battery -  or use high side feeding directly from ecu ?

The ECU can drive a VVT solenoid directly, but slamming in 60 deg of advance at full pressure sounds dangerous...  Why doesnt it have a cam sensor?

19 hours ago, Adamw said:

The ECU can drive a VVT solenoid directly, but slamming in 60 deg of advance at full pressure sounds dangerous...  Why doesnt it have a cam sensor?

It has cam sensor but it needs to modify the trigger pattern in order vipec read it

Its not 60 degrees its 25 from 125 centerline to 100 from 1500 to 4500 and rhen back to 125 until redline around 7800

The vanos barrel its made that way that can only rotate for 25 degrees, solenoid just control oil flow to it

variator.gif

41 minutes ago, iceman_n said:

ts not 60 degrees its 25 from 125 centerline to 100 from 1500 to 4500 and rhen back to 125 until redline around 7800

What I mean is sending the cam at uncontrolled speed/full pressure hard into the mechanical stops is unlikely to work for very long.  Think of an impact gun type effect.  It will either shear something off like a keyway/stop pin/drive bolt, or the impact surface will start breaking up and send metal through the engine.

What was the cam tooth pattern?  Have you been told by Link that it is not supported?

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

What I mean is sending the cam at uncontrolled speed/full pressure hard into the mechanical stops is unlikely to work for very long.  Think of an impact gun type effect.  It will either shear something off like a keyway/stop pin/drive bolt, or the impact surface will start breaking up and send metal through the engine.

What was the cam tooth pattern?  Have you been told by Link that it is not supported?

Thanks for the clarification about degrees etc

The crank and cam patterns is exactly the same as subaru old ej20  6/7 pattern, its not a subaru but uses the same pattern cause the manufacture place a Hitachi ecu that uses 6/7 pattern..

So i know that 6/7 pattern its not supported 4-5 years ago that i noticed that its a subaru pattern and was loooking for an ecu

4 hours ago, iceman_n said:

he crank and cam patterns is exactly the same as subaru old ej20  6/7 pattern, its not a subaru but uses the same pattern cause the manufacture place a Hitachi ecu that uses 6/7 pattern..

So i know that 6/7 pattern its not supported 4-5 years ago that i noticed that its a subaru pattern and was loooking for an ecu

The subaru 6/7 trigger pattern wont even work wasted spark without a cam sensor as it is symmetrical - there is no unique identification on it to tell the ECU where TDC is.

Unfortunately the Subaru 6/7 trigger pattern with a Vipec only allows about 20 degs advance from the stock Subaru alignment before it causes a trigger error, so you are going to have to change to something more suitable.  1JZ is quite an easy one, 36-2 on crank and 3 evenly spaced teeth on cam.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

The subaru 6/7 trigger pattern wont even work wasted spark without a cam sensor as it is symmetrical - there is no unique identification on it to tell the ECU where TDC is.

Unfortunately the Subaru 6/7 trigger pattern with a Vipec only allows about 20 degs advance from the stock Subaru alignment before it causes a trigger error, so you are going to have to change to something more suitable.  1JZ is quite an easy one, 36-2 on crank and 3 evenly spaced teeth on cam.

I use custom trigger on crank 36-2 just wanted to avoid the custom cam trigger thats why i was looking for an on/off function for vanos

lets say i will go for 3 evenly spaced tooth on cam trigger...

as far as i understand from the vvt inlet target table i control the angle not the pwm of the solenoid, so its constantly at close loop

at vvt setup -> inlet fully retard postion -> should i use my camshaft centerline degrees at full retard ? its 125
then the inlet targer map goes to 175 degrees

Yes, I believe there is a problem with the centerline display method on the intake cam - the number should get smaller when you advance but it works the wrong way.  I reported this a while a go to get fixed but it appears it hasnt been fixed yet.

For now I suggest to leave the centerline display turned off and then your VVT table is degrees from home position.  So when intake cam is at home position (fully retarded) the angle in the table =0.  If you want 30deg advance then the table number is 30.

ok i need first to modify the cam trigger so i wil be back with vvt soon

something else now, i remember that somehow i can change the main fuel map values to actual milliseconds, for some reason i cant find it anymore or maybe i dont remember right...
also about ignition idle there is no aircon/fan uplift should i assume that the idle target error method is so good that is "sensing" and "stabilize" idle when fan is active and rpm drops ? because i see only fuel correction/trim for aircon/fan/drive

1 hour ago, iceman_n said:

something else now, i remember that somehow i can change the main fuel map values to actual milliseconds, for some reason i cant find it anymore or maybe i dont remember right...

no, the fuel table value is % of master fuel number.  So if you have a master fuel number of 20ms, the a value of 100% in the fuel table means 20ms inj PW.  Depending on equation load source this would also usually be multiplied by MAP also.  So double the boost will double the PW.

1 hour ago, iceman_n said:

also about ignition idle there is no aircon/fan uplift should i assume that the idle target error method is so good that is "sensing" and "stabilize" idle when fan is active and rpm drops ? because i see only fuel correction/trim for aircon/fan/drive

Correct, there are settings to increase idle valve opening for fan and AC etc but idle ignition is generally fast enough to increase torque that it doesn't need prewarning of load events such as fan etc.