Traction Control..

Guest |229|

Since the original thread were locked!?!?! I thought i would start a new.

I think that it was locked was NOT the right thing to do! Why was it locked? Cant we talk freely about the traction control thing?!?! Was it because we were wondering about the time it has taken so far??

I really dont understand why thread was locked?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nissan

I think you are missing the point.

This is not ordinary forum for praising or trashtalking.

This is specialized forum for SUPPORT, and nothing else. Yes, you can go wide a bit, but 98.5% is SUPPORT only, not advices and wish fullfilling. ;)

Simon told you: it is being worked on. THE END.

When it is done, you will know as soon as I and anybody else. Simple as that.

Bitching on the SUPPORT forum is not allowed or better to say, it is out of the SUPPORT domain.

Act accordingly.

Traction control questions... Is that not support?!?!?!

On vi-pec´s site it states that is has traction control, but as of now we still DO NOT have it. We have a different kind of traction control based on a setup RAY has provided, it takes ignition out when it detects wheelspin, but not real traction control.

Right now traction control has been "underway" since the product was released, but it has still not been implemented! And after a few years of waiting people are beginning to wonder if it ever comes! First time someone said something negative about this "development" issue that takes time, the thread was locked! Then I started a new one! It seem to me that after Ray has "retired" the quality of the "support" has dropped!

So NO, i do not think this is out of the "support" domain!

We have a different kind of traction control based on a setup RAY has provided, it takes ignition out when it detects wheelspin, but not real traction control.

I won't be taking part into the fight, but I was just wondering what was "real" traction control?

I suppose reducing ignition advance is one of several ways to reduce wheelspin?

Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Real traction control has many controlling parameters,

such as ignition retard, fuel control, boost control and DBW control and possibly camshaft control.

Good things come to those who wait.

It would be much better to have a released version working correctly, than one released prematurely with bugs.

Let the engineers work this out correctly so that we can all enjoy the fruits of there labour.

Nissan

I think you are missing the point.

This is not ordinary forum for praising or trashtalking.

This is specialized forum for SUPPORT, and nothing else. Yes, you can go wide a bit, but 98.5% is SUPPORT only, not advices and wish fullfilling. ;)

Simon told you: it is being worked on. THE END.

When it is done, you will know as soon as I and anybody else. Simple as that.

Bitching on the SUPPORT forum is not allowed or better to say, it is out of the SUPPORT domain.

Act accordingly.

Spot on Hic

Real traction control has many controlling parameters,

such as ignition retard, fuel control, boost control and DBW control and possibly camshaft control.

Good things come to those who wait.

It would be much better to have a released version working correctly, than one released prematurely with bugs.

Let the engineers work this out correctly so that we can all enjoy the fruits of there labour.

And also spot on

Getting traction control to work correctly is not an easy task.

Most other ECU companies charge quite a bit for this function alone.

For Vipec, it will be a free function. Please be patient. It should be worth the wait.

Also, this is not a simple on/off function. Please note that it will require a lot of time in tuning for different cars and different conditions.

As my reply was ignored by simon i will post this again.

Traction control questions... Is that not support?!?!?!

On vi-pec´s site it states that is has traction control, but as of now we still DO NOT have it. We have a different kind of traction control based on a setup RAY has provided, it takes ignition out when it detects wheelspin, but not real traction control.

Right now traction control has been "underway" since the product was released, but it has still not been implemented! And after a few years of waiting people are beginning to wonder if it ever comes! First time someone said something negative about this "development" issue that takes time, the thread was locked! Then I started a new one! It seem to me that after Ray has "retired" the quality of the "support" has dropped!

So NO, i do not think this is out of the "support" domain!

Spot on Hic

Getting traction control to work correctly is not an easy task.

Most other ECU companies charge quite a bit for this function alone.

For Vipec, it will be a free function. Please be patient. It should be worth the wait.

Also, this is not a simple on/off function. Please note that it will require a lot of time in tuning for different cars and different conditions.

If the promise was that it did not have traction control from the start it was launced then yes i would be patient! Be the product is being sold with "traction control"!

And after a few years of wait we still dont have it!

Are we now bending the words meaning?

I have not written anything about full traction control, but traction control must be traction control?!?! But now we have the term full traction control also, so the product dont offer any kind of full traction control? But only a semi launch control traction? Wich for me is just launch control. Why not write that instead of misleading people? Same thing with closed loop boost control, that also took a few years before we got that, when the product was sold saying it had it.

My point to all this is just, dont lock the thread because people say what they think! When is is also on topic what has been said then dont lock the topic but take what is being said into account and do something about it! just dont ignore people!

Nissan

When Vi-pec was launched we had nothing to do with the marketing / promotion of the product. We were purely the engineering and manufactures.

As of a couple of months ago we have taken over the distribution, promotion and marketing.

If there are areas that are still miss leading point me to them and I will get them tidied up.

We know the perils of over promising or selling 'airware' we end up in topics such as this.

I sort of know where Nissan is coming from. What would be nice is just an idea on some sort of timeframe. I asked ages ago:

What sort of timeframe are we looking at to get:

- Traction Control

- Cruise Control

- True E85 content sensing

Didn't get a single reply on my thread. Something would of been nice. Even if it was just "we are working on all these things".

Bit more work on the forum updates would help a lot on the marketing side as well Simon.

There is a limited use of traction control.

The fact is that you can do the traction control, which won't be as good as some other manufacturers "out of the box" solution, but it will be fine.

There is no help against bad driver, there is no magic traction control or something else.

Cruise control does not exist in any other standalone ecu, especially in this price range.

Motec doesn't have it, so what?

Who do hell needs Cruise control in MOTORSPORT STANDALONE ECU?! Are you missing the point of having standalone ECU which is ENGINE control for VARIOUS KINDS of DIFFERENT engines, from 1cyl 2 stroke to V12?!

Can you even imagine how hard is to make PROPER traction control like big, money heavy, motorsport teams utilize? Did you ever try to call/email manufacturer like RaceLogic to ASK how much standalone TC cost?

Third.

There is a true sensing E85, you just need the sensor.

So guys, to be REALYSTIC, not bitchy, Vipec offers MUCH MUCH more compared to ANY SERIOUS ECU manufacturer for the price. Do not mix proper ECU manufacturers with megashit, VEMS (derivation of megashit), or anything else what you can do yourself on a kitchen table with a teaspoon of parts from first neighborhood electronic repair shop.

There are many other manufacturers on the market which have a shitload of problems with triggers, resolution, precision, injectors, you name it.

Vipec works like a charm compared to motec idle control OR precision of injection or ignition. I did the testing myself when Vipec entered the market in 2008.

Be realistic, after all.

And if this doesn't suit you, ditch the vipec, buy yourself Pectel SQ6 for 3 times the price, finish university so you just can START the car, and come back here to tell us that we have a BAD TC or something else.

You are turning this SPECIALIZED forum into OPEN forum like there are THOUSANDS on the net, and millions of idiots bitch about something that they know shit about. Sorry on my english.

Be better. Support. Ask. Use the brain to go around obstacles. You can really do your own TC to work very well.

Friendly opinion from a happy user:

Good that you mentioned Pectel SQ6..

Buying Pectel SQ6 from apex speed tech USA + shipping + customs taxes to my country (Bulgaria, Europe) will cost me no more than 30% more than buying a V88 from the local dealer.

Link G4 Extreme bought from local dealer is half price of the V88.

Without Ray's personal commitment for customer support and development /which is the primary reason i've selected Vi-PEC/ it does not seem so great deal anymore..

Well, I don't know how you do that, but equally equipped SQ6 comes for 6000$ plus taxes, which is 7800$ here.

So to compare with V88 2000€...it simply doesn't do the math in any case.

Numbers that I posted are for base Pectel SQ6 4280$ list price without the upgrades. Obviously your Vipec dealer gives better prices than the Bulgarian.

Anyways i dont want to "bitch" in the forum. You are completely right that this is customer support forum and this does not help anyone. And this is not the place to discuss other vendor's products and prices.

Just wanted to state that i am pretty happy with my vipec it works like a charm. BUT the difference in the quality of the customer support last couple of months is obvious.

Blazarov

That is right. This forum is support only.

In the other hand, all of us here are more than capable to support 99.9% customers questions.

Some specialized stuff like these moving cams etc, are really questions for Ray or Ashley or SImon.

To be honest, there is no question anymore that is not already answered here on the forum.

H

Blazarov

That is right. This forum is support only.

In the other hand, all of us here are more than capable to support 99.9% customers questions.

Some specialized stuff like these moving cams etc, are really questions for Ray or Ashley or SImon.

To be honest, there is no question anymore that is not already answered here on the forum.

H

i'll venture even further in the lands of OT here:

Forums as a place to search for information generally suck ass. badly.

the threads by their definition are usually conversations and finding correct piece of information is naught but impossible from a dialog between two or more people. usually to solve this problem forums tend to have FAQ sticky threads and if done with any sense, an actual wiki where people can contribute. Now the wiki stuff only works if people really contribute and/or the forum maintainers take time to transfer the information from the forum to the wiki. Usually the amount of time to correctly moderate a forum with customers asking questions is badly underestimated and just pushed to some poor bastard to do on top of his normal duties.

I think the Vipec crew have done amazing job with the help files so far, hopefully there is a feedback loop for the help files from the forum questions as a standard process.

Lekonna

this forum is NOT a handbook for wanabee tuners.

This is serious product which is very easy and understandable to use.

Product SHOULD be installed and tuned by experienced tuner, not hobist or novice which doesn't understand the difference between sensor and common ground. Or hall and inductive sensor. This is NOT the place to teach everyone these things. This is VIPEC support, for Vipec problems, not BASE electric/tuning/mechanic questions.

This is the way it should be. Tuners should tune and customers should drive the product. Not like this, tuners sell and customers ask endless base questions about things NOT related to vipec product.

Hope you understand what I refer to.

Someone who has had no experience with tuning an engine and who actually can't figure out the difference between a space saver wheel and a glovebox should obviously hand over the installation and tuning process to proficient persons.

While I agree the staff here may have far better things to do than answer "basic" installation questions, the fact they are willing to help on "basic" subjects suggests to me the Vi-PEC brand puts a valuable emphasis on customer care.

My Vi-PEC supplier (Pauertuning) has provided A1 support since the beginning and I have been able to work my way through the tuning process with ease and confidence, which for me was not a given as it has been my first attempt "playing" with a full standalone ECU after several months of making ends meet with a piggyback plugged to the OEM ECU.

My point is that there may be people like me, with an "intermediate" level of knowledge, who are willing to do their homework, read the Help files back and forth, try to avoid asking too many beginner questions, and that such people may still find useful information in supposedly "basic" topics started by beginners on web forums.

Whenever I have looked at forums from other aftermarket ECU manufacturers I have always found some interesting discussions. Sometimes those went way beyond the product's spectrum, and helped me, step by step, get a global picture of what the tuning is process is about and how the products has to be considered and understood.

It would be a shame if this Vi-PEC forum and the discussions that have made it didn't existed, as they are one of the reasons that attracted me into choosing this ECU.

PS : Sorry for wandering further OT.