Differential Pressure

MarcelB

Hi all , is there a way to obtain a differential pressure value , like fuel pressure against boost pressure which can then be used as a limiter ? I previously lost an engine when the FPR failed ! I know I can set up fuel pressure against boost pressure but DP seems a lot simpler.

Hi all , is there a way to obtain a differential pressure value , like fuel pressure against boost pressure which can then be used as a limiter ? I previously lost an engine when the FPR failed ! I know I can set up fuel pressure against boost pressure but DP seems a lot simpler.

i bought a sensor that does this, it outputs the differential pressure. has worked great so far.

http://shop.vems.hu/catalog/differentia ... p-127.html

that one.

mine is mounted in the engine bay and working fine so far.

Great 'cause I'm not comfortable with fuel inside the car.......I plan to use it along with boost pressure and AFR to turn on a virtual output that would drop boost and switch to the secondary fuel and ignition tables (which will be set up for safety) , mind if I ask how you incorporated it into your system?

Of note, differential fuel pressure is available as a calculated value if you have Fuel pressure and MAP into your ECU. It can be found in the parameters section under fuel and all units using it must be in kPa for it to work correctly.

Of note, differential fuel pressure is available as a calculated value if you have Fuel pressure and MAP into your ECU. It can be found in the parameters section under fuel and all units using it must be in kPa for it to work correctly.

Now he tells me :!: :D I already purchased the sensor , but its all good I prefer psi anyway :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
This sensor has failed already :!: :cry: fuel is making its way from the high pressure (fuel) Side to the low pressure (air) side and back into the motor :!: what a POS :!:

wtf, how is that possible? they should not be in any way connected physically? how was it installed?

wtf, how is that possible? they should not be in any way connected physically? how was it installed?

My sentiments exactly ! rest assured it was installed correctly (I have a bit of experience in these things ) , also , the car was driven slowly for one block and idled most of the time so far , so no boost at all so no crazy pressures either.

Can this value be utalized for any thing other than monitoring?

Hi MarcelB,

Yes as a parameter it definitely can be used, that's why we've put it in there.

You can span it on any axis, eg if you change Injector Deadtimes to a 3D table, you can use it on the Y axis and voltage on the X. Or you could use it on a 4D fuel table, MAP or RPM limits.