i88 issues on Subaru

CorrPerformance

I have a client with a Subaru Forester 2000 JDM Version 4-5

I purchased the unit for a client and then later flew to his country to try to tune it.

We carefully followed all the instructions on the brochure to install it and then after receiving the unlock code we followed the info for trying to start the engine.

As we did everything specified, the fuel pump would never turn ON and the fans would just stay ON and the battery got quickly drained.

I had to leave the car and ViPEC in his country and come home, so now he has a unit that is not operable. Please help so perhaps I can assist my client over the phone and get his car started with the ViPEC.

Thanks,

Corr Performance Tuning, LLC

post-1692-143450214888_thumb.jpg

post-1692-143450214893_thumb.jpg

post-1692-143450214898_thumb.jpg

Hi.

I have downloaded the 2 files and I will have a look for you.

Regards

Dave.

Thanks Dave and let me know what other info you might need and I can try to round it up for you, but only issues is that the client is a little naive with the install of the ECU.

Here are some of the pics of the oem ECU and plugs.

Hi,

Unfortunately nothing jumps out at me as an obvious problem in the supplied PCL files.

Did you try to crank the engine and see if you got a valid rpm and sync signal at all.

I see in both files that the ECU HOLD POWER is ACTIVE, does this error go away when the ignition is turned on.

I believe the next real step will be to source an ECU pin out for the FORESTER 2000 JDM (JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET) incase there is some difference with the ECU pin allocations.

Did you perform the FIRMWARE upgrade to 5.0.3 or was the PNP already loaded with that firmware.

The reason I ask is that on some applications, very rare I have had firmware upgrade procedures hang and not complete, for some reason on some vehicles using Hold power relays and the like, the ECU doesn't shut down correctly when the request comes up to cycle the ignition off and back on.

On vehicles with these setups I have a habit now of either disconnecting the battery or the ECU itself and reconnecting and turning the key back on.

This way I know the ECU has definitely been powered down and back on.

I will see if I can track down a Forester 2000 JDM ECU pin out and description.

The supplied photos indicate that it is definitely a type 5-6 ECU configuration.

Has there been any wiring modifications done anywhere.

Unless Simon or Scott from ViPEC have a fix or suggestions for you.

Regards

Dave.

the engine wants to crank, but since there is no additional fuel going into the injectors since we can not hear the fuel pump is the reason why it wont start(engine).

Also why do the fans stay on as soon as the ECU is plugged in and trying to start?

I looked for the fan parameters and they were ON at 90°C so that is correct.

I even tried putting the other maps form other versions and I would get a IAT sensor warning and the temp was at 212°F

My best guess is there are some pinout differences on the forester.

It could be as simple as the fuel pump control being on the fan output.

One option is to use the test function for each Aux output and manually test what each drive turns on.

Or if you have access to a pinout for the Forrester we can check the configuration.

I had the same issue with the fuel pump last week on my Nissan S14.

The S14 came with 5-6 different ECU's, so what i had to do was to find a pin-out diagram for my S14 version, compare it with Vi-PEC plugin pinout and switch the wires.

Alternatively you can program it in iVTS.

The wiring diagram is probably on a Subaru forum.

I had the same issue with the fuel pump last week on my Nissan S14.

The S14 came with 5-6 different ECU's, so what i had to do was to find a pin-out diagram for my S14 version, compare it with Vi-PEC plugin pinout and switch the wires.

Alternatively you can program it in iVTS.

The wiring diagram is probably on a Subaru forum.

Thank you Shadow and guys, I will let me friend know about this and when I return to that country we will try to do what you guys just said.