Generic Dash can stream information

scraggles

I am soon going to be configuring a Race Logic VBOX with a Vipec i88 ECU. The VBOX is a video and data logging recording and playback system.

We've already got an AIM dash set up using the Vipec 'Transmit Generic Dash' can mode.

I think we've now got two options to get Can data into the VBOX...

1. Configure specific can streams, with config on each side

2. Utilise the existing Generic Dash stream

The latter is preferable as it is the simplest amount of change.

Is there technical data available for the structure of the data in the Generic Dash modes?

Thanks Dave, I've seen the help documentation and it would be useful if I was setting up a User stream with frames containing the information I'm looking to receive on the VBOX.

What I was looking for is either a .dbc file with the default output of the 'Transmit Generic Dash' config, or the CAN message format and default id's for given parameters.

For example, if I want to configure the VBOX to recieve the following from the 'Generic Dash' config...

... Engine Speed, TP Main, Wheel Speed from DI1...

What stream ID, Frame ID, frame size & position are these parameters contained in the 'Generic Dash' setting provided by the ECU?

Hi Scraggles,

I am sure I have that info somewhere, I just have to find it.

If I can't today, I will get Simon to post it up for you tomorrow.

If only everyone new how many files etc I have on my laptop , you would be amazed, my problem is I have everything in folders to make things easier to find, it is that I just have way to many folders :)

Regards

Dave.

Hi Scraggles,

all of my data format information is exactly what is in the current HELP files.

I will have to get the ViPEC Tech engineers to answer this , sorry.

I thought all required information was in the HELP files, but not what you require ??

The Tech Team and the engineers are flat out for a few days catching up on work after their break.

It may take a day or two to get a reply, sorry.

Regards

Dave.

Good morning,

You can find the CAN Generic Dash (and Generic Dash 2) structure in the iVTS help file. Have a look at iVTS Help > i-Series ECU Tuning Functions > CAN > Device Specific CAN Information and then click on the hyperlink for 'Generic Dash'. The Generic Dash stream uses a compound message format and this is detailed.

Scott