Graphing software for ECU datalogs

martin battye

• 2 weeks later...

How hard is it for Link to 'share' the software on the ViPEC which already does this??????? I have to say to NOT have this ability makes the current limited logging software a bit un professional and entry kiddy level IMHO. The problem is when going through logs is that it is totally a waste of time to have to go through text based of gauge screen replays etc, it is very painful not intuitive and not industry standard. There needs to be a good graphical way to zoom in an out over the whole data set so us experience data engineers can quickly focus in on one point or another like you can do with proper software like on a Race Logic VBOX or other good ECU type. Constructive Feedback for Link. This is a real important issue that needs urgent rectification in my personal opinion as in my own case I am using two devices to (my $40000 VBOX system and the data recording off the Link) and use the VBOX so I can quickly zoom in on the important sections of the logging that I need to look at.

Further to add, even a very basic Apexi Power FC has far superior graphical interface of information that ties into the ECU functions on replaying the data, and its very easy to access and narrow down important parts in very large data files. THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE GRAPHICALLY (< to emphasis how important this is to me). It is the single biggest point of frustration I have with the Link 'software' This hopefully is a top priority for Link to fix this year and bring up to industry standard.

Personally, my favorite log viewer software has always been MegaLogViewer. Its highly configurable as to number of channels to display etc etc. Im sure theres better, but ive always loved this one.

Its only real downside is that its Java based, and MegaSquirt has no real limit on the length of its log files. Opening a 100MB file on an old laptop using Java can be painful :P