2JZ GTE VVTi rough idle

Jo LeForce

Got a 2JZ GTE VVTi / BMW E30 swap, stock injectors, G4+ storm. Flashed it with a base map but idle seems to be rich with black smoke & is very rough. Even when I rev it, it gets excessively rich with black smoke & bangs. I'm using a BMW fuel bump & the stock 2JZ fuel regulator. The base map has the following injector dead time values:

6v 3.200, 7v 2.500, 8v 1.900, 9v 1.500, 10v 1.250, 11v 1.110, 12v 0.945, 13v 0.870, 14v 0.743, 15v 0.600

Closed loop disabled. The car has a custom made wiring loom, initially had some sensor mixed up such as TP, ECT, IAT, but now they seem to be reading fine.

I'm not sure that changing the latencies or adjusting the fuel table would solve such issue?

I'm kind of lost & not sure where to start the trouble shooting process, the base map or wiring?

I'd appreciate any advice

Work through the basics.

Check the timing,

Check the inputs are configured correctly including the MAP sensor input as this will be different to the plugin.

Reduce the Master fuel value.

MAP type is correct for the Storm +

Timing should match what you seen in the main ignition map if this is not the case then you need to go through the calibrate timing section.

Other inputs will be any Di or AN volt input.

Master fuel is the main setting to get the fuel close.

It is under the Fuel Main menu. (in ECU settings)