Link G1 v14 3sgte Gt4 mr2 Rev 3 set up

Zaid mohamed

Any one have any information? The car is with my tuner and even he seems abit stupmed. Would really appreciate some type of documentation on the 3sgte rev3 set up. As I said I have the harness for ecu and 3sgte patch board. All I need is help on what wire goes where on the bored and how to set triggers up and what they connect to. 

Hi Simon Yeh I do have one. My car is at Steve from fctuning, I think he has been in contact with you about the same issues but it's realy tuning into a nightmare. Here is a picture of the patch harness I got. most ema should be able to connect to this patch. most of the older links had patches for 3agte to link like this but we just need to know what goes to where

Not too likely to be the ECU as there is not a lot in those old units to go wrong.

But happy to check it out at a cost.

I would be checking the cranking voltage to the ECU is good it needs to stay above 10V at all times.

Also check the distributor is in the correct factory spot so that the rotor is aligned correctly.

The fact that the triggers come right once cranking is stopped I would also be checking the starter is in good condition and you are not getting electrical noise from it on to the trigger wires.

Yep that is a match for your distributor.

Check your sync cyl ratio is set to 4.

If it is and you are still getting cyl errors then it is likely an issue with the signals from the distributor.

We are expecting the 24 teeth to go to the trigger 1 signal and the single tooth (only using one of the 2 sensors) to the trigger 2 input.

Woops put you slightly wrong its been so long sync we have done these Im starting to forget.

The ratio is auto set.

So if you are seeing the sync/cyl error increase as you crank you have trigger issues

You will need to scope the trigger inputs to check the wave form getting to the ECU.