Wiring camshaft angle sensor (Subaru EJ25)

Wattman

Hi!

I'm a french owner of a '04 WRX (225hp) EUDM. 

I am doing hard modifications :

EJ25 (STi V10) engine with Eagle connecting rods, cosworth bearings, Mahle low expansion pistons

STi V10 heads (quad AVCS)

Twinscroll Spec-c headers (OEM)

1000cc dynamic injectors

Reversed intake manifold (Magnus)

SC46 twinscroll turbo

DCCD JDM STi v9 gearbox

2JZ twinturbo FMIC

Aluminium radiators (engine oil, gearbox oil, powersteering oil)

Rear transmission Perrin radiator and so many mods.

I am trying to use G4 Xtreme ECU and I have some troubles with AVCS sensor wiring. I've found 3 different diagrams to identify each wire on the sensors.

I don't have OEM wiring loom, I am building it by myself. 

Is the diagram given by Link EM right? 

Is it normal that each sensor is not wired the same way? (right inlet camshaft angle sensor is not wired like 3 others)

I have exhaust camshaft angle sensors with 3 wires but the diagram shows 2 wires sensors, so how do I have to wire it?

And last but not least, do I have to wire the camshaft position sensor placed behind the intake sprocket (driver side, LHD) ? Because my heads are not equipped to fit this 2 wires sensor, but I can also use it with Cosworth bracket. 

Many questions but I am a bit confused and I don't think I speak english very well... Sorry.
Jim 

Hi Jim,

Is this the diagram you are looking at?

http://www.linkecu.com/support/documentation/technical-drawings/G12%20-%20Subaru%20EJ20-25%20Dual-Quad%20AVCS%20Wiring.pdf 

This would be the normal Quad AVCS wiring setup, however there could definitely be different setups out there.

The VVT setup information for the quad AVCS can be found under

PCLink Help > Engine Specific Information > Subaru > Subaru EJ20 Quad AVCS

The Inlet LH sensor is used for the the Trig 2 (Camshaft) signal and also for the LH cam position. It gets setup under ECU Settings > Triggers > Trig2: VVTi

The Inlet LH and Inlet RH sensors are a different type of sensor from the Exhaust LH and Exhaust RH sensors.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Jim, 

It is likely there are variations to the setup shown in the wiring diagram above. I suspect that your exhaust cam sensors are wired exactly the same as your intake cam sensors, however I truly do not know. Are there part numbers on the exhaust cam sensors? It could be worth googling the part number, or trying to find a factory wiring diagram to see see how they are supposed to be wired.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott.

This is the factory wiring diagram :

http://images.subby.fr/wattman_/Photos/Plan&schemas/AVCS-STiX.png

I suspect the same as you, it should be wired as the intake cam sensors, that's why i wanted to be sure.

Here are intake sensor part numbers :

RH and LH are the same : 22056AA140

Exhaust sensor part numbers :

LH : 22056AA210

RH : 22056AA200

I think the difference between LH and RH exhaust sensor is due to the wiring loom that doesn't use the same way both sides. 

Cheers,

Jim