Strange speed readings on G4 for Wrx GDB

weathermon

Hi everyone,

I'm helping a friend with his Link ECU to do a bit of tuning on it.  I enabled launch control on his 04 GDB Sti and it all seemed ok but then when he took off normally and gave it a bit of revs the launch control was cutting in whilst driving! I'd set the digital input to the correct speed sensor on DI3 - It's set to the same as my WRX running a V44 which was Rising edge, pullup resistor off and a cal table value of 260... That gave a speed of about 1/10th of what it should have been, hence launch control still wanting to activate in the first few gears.  I got the speedo working when I changed the cal table to a value of 26 BUT... when the speed reached 65km/hr, it reset back to 0km/hr and then started from there again! so 75km/hr was showing as 10km/hr (and launch control would activate again because it thought it was stationary).  I've checked everything I can think of but it's really got me stumped as to what could be causing the speed sensor to be reporting incorrect? Watching the runtime values I see the speedo Hz going up as it should be and reaches around 50Hz at 100km/hr I think it was, so I def know it's sending a correct signal. Can anyone suggest a fix for this? He is running v4.7.1 so not sure if a firmware update would help.

Cheers, Mike

Hey Scott,

Yeah I'm thinking firmware bug as well - my mate wanted to check first to see if it might have just been a setting possibly.  It's running V4.7.1 so will def update the firmware when available next.  I'll let you know if it fixes the issue!

Cheers, Mike