Fuel Pump Relay Setup

chris164935

So, the car is a 2001 Audi A4 1.8T (same motor as Audi TT 1.8T).  I am running the Vi-PEC i88 ECU.  I have 3 fuel pumps installed on the car (1 in the fuel tank, and 2 mounted in a surge tank).  I have the 1 pump in the fuel tank powered by its own relay and the 2 pumps in the surge tank powered by a second relay (1 relay for the 2 pumps).  I wired the Aux Output for the pump in the fuel tank to Aux 1 and the Aux Output for the pumps in the surge tank to Aux 2.  In PCLink, I set Aux 1 and Aux 2 to Fuel Pump Relay, however, only Aux 2 is priming and running when I try to crank the motor.  I have tested Aux 1 by setting it to Test and everything works fine then.  Is the issue that I am not supposed to have more than 1 Aux Output set to Fuel Pump Relay?  If so, then what can I set Aux 1 (or 2) to so that the pumps will prime and then run once the car reaches a certain RPM?  I would prefer to not have to do any re-wiring if possible.  I have attached my *.pcl file for review.  I am not on the newest firmware version that came out on May 16th.  Not sure if that will make a difference or not though.

B5 A4.pclr

Hi Chris,

Yeah the problem is that you are only allowed one aux output allocated as fuel pump. Probably the easiest solution (no wiring changes required) is to keep Aux 1 as fuel pump, and then set Aux 2 up as a GP Output that is activated by Aux 1. This is how the setup of Aux 2 will need to be:

Aux 2 - GP Output.PNG