Questions on E85

Nick

HI there everyone

So im currently in the process of setting up my A70 supra with a Link G4 extreme and im looking into running flex fuel

This question is more towards the compatibility of ethanol rather than from a ecu standpoint (if thats ok) as i know the link will run flex fuel effortlessly.

For the people that have setup cars for E85, in regards to fuel pumps and electricity connections inside the tank what is required to be safe?

I have a pierburg E85 rated lift pump i was planning on using but it arrived and has no electrical plug with it, its a standard two pin plug and the pump has male spade terminals on it.

Im going to need to extend the factory wiring to suit. whats a safe way of going about this? does e85 conduct electricity? unlike petrol?

Other components of the fuel system are being upgraded to suit, e85 fuel reg, e85 spec lines, DW main fuel pump, e85 rated injectors etc

its just inside the tank regarding the electricity im trying to be careful about..

Thanks

Nothing special required for the connectors - you can use normal un-insulated brass spades or search for "walbro 2 pin connector" and you will find the proper mate.  Avoid PVC wire.  Most common automotive wire as well as Teflon, Tefzel etc are fine.  If you need to heat shrink anything use DR25 or one of the other fuel resistant grades.  The higher conductivity of E85 is usually considered better from a safety point of view since static electricity can be dissipated faster.

Thank you so much for a clear and educated answer that's exactly what i was looking for. It looks as if the Pierburg connectors are different than the walbros, the pierburg ones are more in a T arrangement but that's fine, just uninsulated spades i think are going to be the go in this case

Link Admin just realized i posted this in the wrong section is probably more suited to the about your car section if you wanted to move it