Access violation at address 00000000 in module 'PCLink.exe'. Read pf address 0000000.

mikegt4dude

Access violation at address 00000000 in module 'PCLink.exe'. Read pf address 0000000.

Error keeps coming up when trying to open a base map to edit in G4+ software

On Windows 10 Tablet

Upgrading from G4 to G4+ Thunder, can't use the new software. Do I have to uninstall the G4? first

Hi Mike,

Is it the one base-map that causes the problem, or is it any base-map?

PCLink for G4 and PCLink for G4+ can both be installed at the same time, just need to make sure you start up the correct one for the ECU you are using.

Which version of PCLink are you using? (Help > About)

Scott

Hi Mike, thanks for the extra info. I wonder if this is somehow related to it being installed on the tablet. We have installed it on tablets before, but certainly not as commonly as on laptops. What is the make and model of the tablet?

Can you try PCLink version 5.5.3 and let me know how this goes for you? In the next release we introduced a new form of 3D graphs that possibly could be causing the issue.

Scott.

Ill try download that now, It's an Asus vivotab intel atom windows 8 with free windows 10 upgrade.

has been running link g4 and a really old version of g4+ worked okay before

Okay this older version works fine, But I can't open the map file I started playing around with in the newer version, But I can start again from a base map in this version