A/c step and start up step tables

DANBOB

Hi

Ive got an issue on my r32 gtr where by I cant get more then 25% on both start up step table and a/c step table when connected to the ecu. I can adjust and save the values off line up to 250%.

As soon as I load the file to the ecu it defaults back to my previous setting and again wont let me adjust more then 25%.

I have the latest firmware downloaded. All other idle controls work perfectly.

Am I missing something or do I have an issue?

Thanks

Dan 

Edited by DANBOB

Hi Scott

Thanks for the reply.

My air con is old and loads the engine when on. My base position numbers are low when fully warmed up so 25% of the base position isn't quite enough. I've used the idle target and bumped up the ignition timing but find it sits on the higher ignition values which I don't particularly like

Is there any reason not to let it idle on the higher values?  I have 20 degrees idle and 26 degrees in the 100 rpm target idle error box.

Dan

Hi Dan,

The Air con table value will be applied on top of your base position table value. So if you had 30% duty cycle in your base table and then your A/C switched on and you had a value of 25%, you solenoid would now be at 55% duty cycle.

Regardless, there is a solution though that doesn't involve us having to change our ECU firmware. On the latest PCLink and Firmware you can set the Idle base position table to 3D, this allows you to set the Aux output status of your A/C compressor relay to the additional axis, and you can then apply whatever value you want when the A/C clutch engages. If you do this I recommend setting your current A/C step value to zero.

Scott.