G4+ Extreme Ford EF SOHC 6CYL first start issues

eff xr6t

Hey guys few questions if anyone can answer them for me.

Basic rundown on the setup

Stock motor, mild cam, turbo, running sequential inj and ign with individual Ls1 coils, bosch 2200cc inj, FG falcon throttle body, BA falcon throttle pedal, currently has unleaded in the tank base pressure is set around 45psi.

Edited for issues ive solved.

3rd is the fuel pump its wired on the output of inj7 low side but when powering on the ecu it does not prime and also doesn't run when cranking the car. Testing the output with a GP Output and appropriate setting has it operating?

It also has a single error on the ethrottle for TP tracking. Throttle calibrate straight away on setup mode swap back to ON mode and code straight away for TP tracking would it pick up a tracking issue with the sensors during calibration?

I would usually just sort out the issue myself with some more time to look at it and recheck everything but ive only had about 3 hours to try rectify anything and I am currently away at work 1600k away from the car so hopefully some of you guys can see something I have missed that may be causing this that I can rectify when I get home.

I got on teamveiwer tonight to get some logs whilst cranking but have ecu comms dropout issues as soon as I hit the starter from what I assume is low voltage. Does the ecu have a low voltage shutdown? might explain why in a couple of the ecu logs when I was cranking that it doesn't pickup any cam or crank signals.

This was all I could get tonight as the battery was going flat will have another look tomorrow night but hopefully someone see something in the tune I have missed.

Thanks, Brayden

ECU Log 2016-09-20 9;20;30 pm.llg

test start 3.llg

test start2 (1).llg

test start.llg

brayden base tune.pclr

Edited by eff xr6t

Hi Brayden,

Looking at the logs I suspect that there is a problem with the cam and crank triggers into the ECU, they show up as present occasionally, but most of the time time they are not present. The G4+ Xtreme has a functions called Trigger Scope, I recommend looking at the trigger signals using this while cranking. This will allow you to see if the signals are present and also to set up the Trig 1 arming threshold table.

The ECUs fuel pump output will not work correctly until the ECU is calculating engine speed correctly, which will only happen if the ECU is detecting the trigger correctly.

What is the e-throttle off? There could be a target/TP error is the PID values are not appropriate.

Scott

Thanks Scott I did see the same thing with the trigger dropout. I have checked the trigger scope when I first started it and it was picking up good signal.

Does the ecu output for the fuel pump should prime the pump when I turn the key on shouldnt it?

The throttle body is off an FG falcon. I had another look at it last night and did another TP calibration straight after calibrating the TP main read 7% and the sun read almost 13%. I would of thought the calibration would pick this up?

Yes, the ECU should switch on the fuel pump when the ignition switch comes on. The fuel pump will stay on for however long the prime time is set for.

I see you have Aux-Inj 7 currently set to GP Output, normally do you have it set to Fuel Pump? It will need to be this for the prime to work.

Are you doing the TP calibration using the automated process, or entering the values when you manually move the throttle plate from closed position to open position?

Scott.

Yeh usually inj 7 is set to fuel pump I swapped it to GP output to check the output ran the pump which it did. I'll check it again tonight but with it set to fuel pump it didn't prime. I may have done something silly like not storing to ecu so I will check it again to be sure.

yes using the automated TP calibration process. 

It could be worth trying the manual TP calibration process:

Manual Calibration - Type the sensor open and closed voltages into the TPS (Main) Closed, TPS (Main) Open, TPS (Sub) Closed and TPS (Sub) Open settings.  The TP(sub) 100 setting must be set to the TP (Main) percent that TP (Sub) stops changing if a non linear sensor is used.  If the TP (Sub) signal changes over the entire range of throttle plate movement (most common) then set TP(sub) 100 to 100%.  Note: the sensor pin voltages can be seen in the Analog Inputs tab of the Runtime Values Window (press F12).

I don't have any information on the FG E-throttle voltages for the open/closed positions, but do have some for the BF e-throttle body and these appear to be quite different to what you have.

Scott