Quick Tuning

Bumblebee

Can I drive around with auto quick tuning on to adjust the cruise map to the way I drive?

So if I turn off Overrun and off Closed Loop, then cruise around for about an hour with auto tune on, will this be good for my cruise map? Or do I have to have someone in the passenger seat and make me go to every cell?

Quick tune will require you to be in cell centers it can be set to auto but it is hard to know when you are in a cell with out a passenger.

The later G4+ Series introduced mixture map tuning which is much better for this type of tuning.

The other option is to use closed loop lambda and then when you strop driving do a store to the ECU to lock the changes in before turning off the power to the ECU.

Edited by Simon

• 5 months later...

Quick tune will require you to be in cell centers it can be set to auto but it is hard to know when you are in a cell with out a passenger.

The later G4+ Series introduced mixture map tuning which is much better for this type of tuning.

The other option is to use closed loop lambda and then when you strop driving do a store to the ECU to lock the changes in before turning off the power to the ECU.

HI Simon,

I just found this thread and wondered if I could get a little more information regarding your advice to use closed loop lambda and then do a store to ECU before shutting off power.

So when driving in closed loop lambda, is there a table somewhere that temporarily stores the 'trims' applied? if so can this be viewed on PC Link?

If you store to ECU before shutting off, does this make the trim adjustments save somewhere for quicker future use or does it make a direct change to the fuel map?

Very interested ot know what the store to ECU actually does regarding the closed loop lambda.

Thank you,

Edward.

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

So just to clarify, if I drive through the range that closed loop lambda is active collecting as much data as possible, then pull over and store to ecu.

If I then load that file into PClink and compare to the map before the store was made, I would see numerous changes made throughout the fuel table?

I would go and try it now but I have messed up my back so currently out of action.

Thanks again and sorry if I am asking for information that is obvious.

Edward.