ISC solenoid

Ken Dunkley

Hi- with the Atom G4+ - When the ecu powers up but the engine is not cranking or running the isc solenoid ( bosch 3 wire ) stays closed . Is this right ? It only starts to open when cranking . Can i get it to open to its set point in the - idle base position table - before closed loop control takes effect ??

The aux output is off until the engine is cranking, it instantly jumps to 80% when cranking.  For the Bosch 3 wire solenoid "off" is not actually closed - it defaults to a slightly open condition.  I think most people would get pissed off if we made it click away when the engine wasnt turning.

• Ok ta for that . Also is there any way to speed up its action . Even with all gains maxed it is painfully slow to open and react when say putting the car into gear ( Auto ) . You can watch it count open in tenths of a percent on the lap top . How fast do the Bosch solenoids react ? Is it the valve thats slow ? Or just the way the Link controls it ( Its set to 200HZ ) Are there faster reacting ones on the market that the Link can control faster ?

Hi Adam - I dont seem to have that option on my idle control page . No park/neutral step . Is it on the Atom G4+ ? . I have not up dated the firmware in a while although it is mentioned in the link help file . I doubled checked my settings on the anti stall gain and i have increased those - From 15 to 25 . So ill try that too .