FJ100 Link Plugin Trigger question

Sprinter86

Hi,

Attempting to start my 1fzfe engine with the 3 plug type plugin LINK G4+ FJ100 ecu.

All pre start procedures are ok, however there is no crank/cam triggers being recieved to the ecu, trigger scope has no reaction to

the rotation of the engine.

according to the LINK pinout, i have continuity from both cam and crank sensors on the correct signal wires from the sensors,(standard loom is used)

however i traced the shared sensor NE- wire to PIN 23 on the ecu, there is no note on the LINK diagram as to what PIN 23 is doing,

it is as if it is an unused pin by the link, standard toyota wiring diagram shows pin 23 as NE-.

any help is appreciated, 

Cheers Nath

Yes, 23 is connected to sensor ground on our ECU.  Do you have all the jumpers in the 3 plug or 4 plug positions?  The jumpers change which pins the trigger inputs come from so that could potentially explain your symptoms.

4MQRcwR.png

What I was getting at is you said you have checked continuity of the trigger wires - So did they have continuity back to pins 9 & 10 or pins 21 & 22?.  With the jumper positions you have set the ECU is expecting them to be connected to pins 9 & 10.

Hi Adam,

I gave it another go today and notice the volt scale was at 20v AC for the triggers,

which after i changed the scale i could see the triggers working! something i should have noticed before.

I have attached the log of the trigger scope, can you run your eyes over it for me?

i could be incorrect here, but it seems that the trigger seems a little weak compared to the trigger arming voltage settings?

arming voltage setting for '0' is 0.4 and for '1000' is 4.5, for trigger 1 for example.

I dont have vast experience with setting up this kind of triggering, it is all unchanged settings from the fzj100 base tune provided with the plugin.

I just need to have the car running prior to handing over to an expert with a dyno to do the rest.

Thanks again for your support.

regards,

Nathan

Trigger Scope Log 2019-03-9 2;43;19 pm.llg

Yeah trigger voltages look pretty low, there is also an offset down on trigger 1.  Most of the crank teeth barely reach 0.2V so im not sure if it is going to be happy.  Maybe a bad ground or something.

Try setting both trig 1 & 2 arming thresholds like below and see if we get RPM when cranking.

kB4vOrQ.png

hi Adam,

I have changed the thresholds and we get rpm now!

It starts and idles quite well after adjusting the master fuel trim to suit non standard injectors.

I will look at trigger results again while running to see if it may be a further problem. would you say it would make sense to edit the thresholds across all rpm points in a linear fashion? ie. each threshold lowered by a percentage?

let me know what you think.

thanks again for the assist

regards, 

Nath