1JZ VVTI MAF Delete

louis19

Hi guys,

Recently got our JZX100 up and running using a link kurofune paired with a HKS f-con patch harness to retain the stock ecu as that’s running my auto box. We have the “Check engine light” on the dash due to going to a mafless setup and using a link 3 bar map sensor. I’ve been told this light can be overcome/eliminated by simulating the voltage table the ecu would normally want to see for the maf sensor when it’s in use. I’d like to have this light removed of course so if we do have an actual code resulting in a CEL we will know about it. 

Has anyone done this and if so, where within the ecu did you do it and what parameters were used? 

Thanks in advance,

Louis :)

The Kurofune has analog outputs specifically for doing this.  You will however need to know what voltage the stock ecu needs to see at various RPM/load points so you can duplicate it with the Link.  Generally you would do that by leaving the MAF connected initially and log it so you have some data to use as a starting point.