Link ecu on a tablet

Aseddon

Noticed a few posts about This but most of them seem to be a bit old. with technology rapidly improving I thought I'd make a new thread

Has anyone got the link software on a tablet in their car, which can charge and communicate at the same time, and also turn on and off with the ignition? 

I saw the pinned post about the "real dash" app. Looks great but doesn't have all the features im after unfortunatly and isnt as good as the link software of course.

Much appreciated 

Adam

I've been using a Dell Venue 7140 for a couple of months now and its been very helpful when tuning my daily driver, it charges through USB Mini and then communicates to the ECU through another USB port. Only issue I've ran into is scaling the PC Link software correctly, doesn't seem to scale up very. 

I've got it turning on by itself but not turning off, it was just a simple setting in the Bios to get it to turn on with ignition power. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find a way to get it to shut down with the ignition off but this might be a pain in the ass if you wanted to make any changes with engine off. 

32 minutes ago, Drexal said:

I've got it turning on by itself but not turning off, it was just a simple setting in the Bios to get it to turn on with ignition power. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to find a way to get it to shut down with the ignition off but this might be a pain in the ass if you wanted to make any changes with engine off. 

I use a windows tablet, I have my power saving options set to keep the display on when on USB power and turn off the display and then shutdown the tablet asap when it's running on battery, so when I turn the car off the tablet shuts down shortly thereafter.