Jeep Cherokee with link g4 storm

Leo Briones

Good day, 

Got my Jeep Cherokee with lnkg4 ecu trigger pattern was set to Cherokee 2000, the run time values seems working perfectly but  no spark, it is set to wasted  at the moment, what could be the best setting to make this going I got message on the screen when cherokee 2000 is chosen on the trigger pattern, scan someone guide me please, thanks heaps

7 minutes ago, Leo Briones said:

the run time values seems working perfectly but  no spark,

What does that mean?  Do you have RPM displayed when cranking?

What does it have for an ignition system - what coils and ignitors?

9 minutes ago, Leo Briones said:

I got message on the screen when cherokee 2000 is chosen on the trigger pattern,

What does the message say?

after i update my pclink software i chose cherokee 2000 as trigger pattern, i can see revs on the runtimes values when starting and no trigger errors , but no ignition and injector pulse, do we need to edit the trigger set up? or is there any available settings I can use and try, thanks for your reply cheers mate

I use mitsubishi 3 channel igniter with coils from a mitsubishi triton

You didnt attach the tune so Im working a bit blind but I dont see anything in the log that would suggest the ECU is not commanding spark or fuel.  There are no cuts, you have RPM, adequate dwell, no trigger errors, good injector pulse width, etc.

How are you determining there is no injector/ignition pulse?  Are you sure there is 12V at the coil and injectors when cranking?

sorry Adam I forgot the tune

cherokee tigger.pclr

I just want to ask as well everytime I go online it shows a warning about the trigger saying not sure if it will work, I waited for a while for link to release the updated software and Cherokee 2000 trigger pattern is included  i don't know why the warning  message comes on everytime i go online with the ecu, also the signals seems to be so inconsistent there are tries that theres no rpm signal when get crank and injector pulse sometimes won't work, theres no trigger error showing on the runscreen but still no good, we planned to do wasted spark ignition before but , we decide to go distributor ignition set up hopefully to make it easier

, also While testing few times we broke one set of igniter a mitsubishi igniter 3 channel,  we tested the signal from aux ignition channel with the use of noid light and run igntion test it shows a good pulse on the noid light, sorry my quiry turn to be a nobel, sorry mate

There are a few things wrong in your tune, first up the ones that might cause it not to start

1) you mention you are using a distributor, but the ignition config is set up for wasted spark. This must match what is physically there

2) have you run the trigger1 calibration process? Have you tried adding/removing 360 from the calibrated number to check if you are firing on the exhaust stroke?

other issues that wont help but are probably not the real root cause.

The calibrations on your ECT, MAP, and probably IAT are all a bit suspect. Your MAP sensor should read the same as BAP with the engine off. Yours reads 15kpa higher. both IAT and ECT show ~40C which is really hot for ambient, but maybe normal in you part of the world, but, your ECT calibration maxes out at 100C which is no where near enough and probably means its incorrect. That your IAT matches this makes me question whether it's wrong too.

Your fuel map is all 50's everywhere. try copying the fuel table from the monsoon example base map as a better starting point.

ECT & MAP being off by small amounts & the fuel thing wont cause no-start, but it will cause it to run like a dog once it does.

18 hours ago, Leo Briones said:

I just want to ask as well everytime I go online it shows a warning about the trigger saying not sure if it will work, I waited for a while for link to release the updated software and Cherokee 2000 trigger pattern is included  i don't know why the warning  message comes on everytime i go online with the ecu,

Oh yes I see that now.  This message is generally nothing to worry about.  They put this message in when a new triggermode hasnt been tested in-house on an actual engine or by a trusted dealer.  Sometimes the trigger decoder is built based on info supplied by an end user so they attach this warning until they have feedback that it is working correctly.  

So do you not get a pulse on your noid light when connected to ignition 1 with ign mode set to distributor?   

In the meantime I will ask Simon to pass your triggerscope on to the engineers to check it matches the pattern they have been testing but all signs in your log point to the ecu being happy with your trigger.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:26 PM, Adamw said:

In the meantime I will ask Simon to pass your triggerscope on to the engineers to check it matches the pattern they have been testing but all signs in your log point to the ecu being happy with your trigger.

The engineering team took a look at your triggerscope and says it matches the expected pattern well.  Simon loaded your tune into a test ecu and ran it using a simulated crank/cam signal that matches yours, he gets fuel and spark outputs working as expected.  

All good mate i figure it out the distributor was removed and been installed on the opposite side of the clock, causing the revs won't log the second time i tested it, we re- time the distributor and the revs came back,  I got both spark and injector pulse,what a mistake thanks for all your help Cheers!