Trigger question

Guest |555|

Guest |555|

Im working on converting a N/A Zetec engine from EFI technolgy Euro 1 ECU to Vipec V44. Before I have always repaced the EFI trigger wheel with a 36-1 wheel and all was fine. But currently I have no wheel in stock and wonder if I can use the wheel thats sitting there. The wheel have 4 evenly spaced teeth with 90 degrees between them, but one of them have a additional teeth about 20 degrees after one of the four teeth.

So. I guess the right configuration should be 8 teeth and 3 missing? Or am I wrong?

BR

Ivar Finnvik

• 1 month later...
Guest |555|

Still struggeling with the same problem. Cutting the extra tooth and use sync sensor works ok, but leaves me with quite long cranking times if motor stops in wrong cycle.

I saw there was a trigger in the meny called "alfa 164" is this the same pattern triggerwheel as I have here?

Most Marelli ignited cars use this triggerwheel except cosworth YB. Any other of the preprogrammed triggers use the 4 + 1 pattern?

Im on the fifth car converted from EFI technology to V44 now, so a solution for this triggerwheel would be nice. I also feel a little better when the sync sensor is just for syncing the injection and not esential for running. Especially in racing cars.

BR

Ivar Finnvik

Hi Ivar

The trigger pattern will not effect the cranking time as the worst case for all patterns is 2 crank rotations.

Currently there is no support for 4 +1.

Most of the available trigger patterns will continue running if the sync is lost. But they will not start with no sync.